Logistics Program Manager - APAC
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
The Asia Pacific Fulfillment Operations Manager will support Block Logistics and Fulfillment efforts in Australia & Japan. As part of the Hardware Logistics team, you will play an essential role in our mission to bring Block products to our customers in a fast, reliable, economical and elegant fashion. You will determine best practices, collaborate on growth plans across the supply chain and company, support the implementation, and manage Block's fulfillment and delivery operations for all products. You will also oversee vendor and supplier partnerships and manage performance within Block's international supply chain.
We're looking for a dynamic, process-oriented operations leader who has a passion for new solutions and scalable systems. Because the majority of the team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, some morning working hours will overlap with Pacific Standard Time.
- Manage and improve the logistics [inbound, fulfillment and outbound] network for Block's Asia Pacific markets
- Oversee supplier partnerships and manage performance
- Work with internal partners to guide the development of essential and new fulfillment programs.
- Ensure that performance targets are met on service level commitments to our customers, across all products within the region
- Implement SOPs with partners and manage Indicators to maximize and measure Block's partners performance: Order Management; Inventory control, Performance Service level agreements, metrics reporting and Scause troubleshooting
- Support new potential country and new product launches coordinating with global partners to ensure setup, and success of the launches
- Maintain accurate and appropriate SOWs and SOPs specific to the implementation of fulfillment operations against B2C, B2B, Retail and Returns distribution requirements
- Handle fulfillment errors and exceptions, correcting and identifying preventative measures
- Identify process gaps, propose and guide implementation for scalable solutions
- Leverage access to technology and new ideas to bring continuous improvement to APAC markets
- 8+ years of experience leading logistics functions, warehouses and fulfillment operations
- 8+ years in the Supply Chain and Logistics Industry preferably working within Hi-Tech or consumer electronics
- Experience managing 3PL/4PL relationships and understand Omni-Channel logistics
- Project management experience that includes problem identification and resource planning
- Experience in fulfillment operations audit controls and reporting
- Understanding of Quality Assurance processes in distribution centers
- Familiarity with reverse logistics operation flow, from RMA receipt, through inspection and return to vendor.
- Experience using software tools: warehouse management (WMS), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and supply chain visibility portals
- Familiarity with trade compliance processes in relation to consumer electronics devices
- Show experience with process improvements to support scalability
- Experience with Trade Compliance
- When safe to do so, you can travel and manage concurrent tasks across multiple time zones
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
We’ve noticed a rise in recruiting impersonations across the industry, where individuals are sending fake job offer emails. Contact from any of our recruiters or employees will always come from an email address ending with @block.xyz, @squareup.com, @tidal.com, or @afterpay.com, @clearpay.co.uk.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.