Android Engineer, Register
- San Francisco, CA
We started with a simple idea—that everyone should be able to accept credit cards—and we’ve been rethinking buying and selling ever since.
For sellers, we’re creating one cohesive service to run your entire business, from a register in your pocket to analytics on your laptop. For buyers, we’re making it faster to order from the businesses you love and more fun to pay your friends back.
Buying and selling sound like simple things—and they should be. Somewhere along the way, they got complicated. We’re working hard to make commerce easy for everyone.
Android development is difficult! But at Square we're building libraries and breaking rules that make beautiful UIs easy and breathtaking UIs possible.
We're building the next generation of our Android applications. We approach mobile development with precision and engineering rigor, investing heavily in test automation and tools to improve quality and delight customers. If you're passionate about user experience, pixel-perfect UIs, and contributing to the open source community, we'd love to hear from you.
Work with engineers who wrote some of the best and most widely used Android open source tools around, including Dagger, Wire, Retrofit, OkHttp, Picasso, LeakCanary, Moshi, SqlBrite, and more.
- Ship reliable software through continuous integration, test automation, and in-depth code reviews
- Improve our unique apps which allow anyone to start a business, accept payments, and pay effortlessly
- Envision new products and features that are inspired, considered, and magical
- Find simple, elegant solutions to hard problems
- Strong coding skills and Computer Science fundamentals
- 2+ years of Android development experience
- Experience shipping products
Experience in large applications
Products our Android Engineers Work On:
- Register: our Point of Sale - everything a seller needs to start, run, and grow their business.
- Growth: acquiring and retaining high quality sellers.
- Payroll: run payroll in minutes instead of hours and handle employee timecards, overtime, and taxes.
- Caviar: powering fast delivery from restaurants you love.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.