DevOps/ System Engineer LOCAL ONLY
- Austin, TX
Innovative Cloud Leader Hiring NOW:
Our client is one of the hottest Cloud Startups in Austin and the leading cloud service broker platform in the world! Recognized by the industry, and has won a number of industry awards such as Gartner 2013 Cool Vendor, the 2013 American Technical Association Award, and a 2013 ComputerWorld Honors Laureate! Our client’s SaaS-based applications allow customers to provision the optimum cloud services for their cloud needs (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
As a DevOps/Systems Engineer you will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of our infrastructure by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing our development and production environments. You will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues within an ecosystem of Cloud deployments.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Innovative and agile next gen cloud broker and management technology firm!
- Big Data Web Services Model!
- Working with cutting-edge tools and technologies!
- On-the-job training, mentoring and collaboration!
- Provide installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems server-side software and related infrastructure.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Perform daily system monitoring, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Reviewing simple system logs, and verifying completion of cron jobs such as backups.
- Troubleshoot Linux, Apache, Java, JBOSS, and OpenDS. Knowledge of all layers of the OSI model, most importantly the application (layer 7).
- Implement automated approaches for system administration tasks. Leverage our self-hosted Chef deployment.
- Experience with Linux and CentOS, including repository management, system patching, and CLI configuration/administration.
- Knowledge about DevOps Tools supporting Continuous Delivery – Chef, Bamboo, Vagrant, Maven.
- Expertise in various architect and support functions for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS Cloud environments – AWS, Rackspace, Savvis, Terremark, and GoGrid.
- Experience installing and configuring application servers, e.g. Apache (Ant Scripting), Tomcat, Jboss and database/directory servers (MySQL, OpenDS).
- Expertise in scripting and automating your daily work tasks on Linux.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills, good customer communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related areas.
- Python and knowledge of python web frameworks
- Experience with GIT
- Open source contributions / github projects
- System administration / IT
Compensation & Benefits:
- Excellent Pay, Benefits and Bonus – depending on experience.
- Stock Options and 401(k) Plan
- Vacation/PTO and Career Advancement
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
For more details about this and other related roles, please contact liz at squaredomain dot com