Customer Experience Specialist
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We’re revolutionizing a $30b industry with service innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We partner with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers and carriers in the world (Amazon, Walmart, The Home Depot to name a few), consistently win industry awards, have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews… and we’re just getting started. A member of the Allstate family, SquareTrade has headquarters in San Francisco and London. We are currently expanding in Europe and Asia Pacific, including Japan and Australia.
You will be trained on our claims fulfillment process, and eventually on a more specialized, technical support or supervisory team. All incoming specialists will be trained into one of our Claims Queues: filing claims on mobile devices, laptops, and other consumer electronic items. As part of on-boarding, we offer full training on diagnosing technical issues and filing claims over the phone.
This role is remote.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assist customers with the claim filing process, including approving and denying claims
- Find and deliver solutions to common problems with consumer electronics, including creative problem solving as part of the claim-filing process
- Enter and maintain detailed and accurate customer notes via the Salesforce Customer Relationship Management tool
- Probing and performing repair diagnostics – on mobile devices, electronics, and other gadgets over the phone
- Be a part of creating and piloting new programs, including detailed recording of process documents
- Complete an in-depth six week training program.
- Specialist New Hire Training is Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m for six weeks.
- Following the successful completion of the training program, specialists will be assigned a permanent shift. Shifts have the possibility of working nights and/or weekends.
- Experience in a customer service setting, preferably in call centers, technical support, retail locations and/or consumer electronics
- Strong knowledge of repair processes for at least one category of consumer electronics (cell phones, tablets, etc.) Exceptional transcription & web navigation skills while providing quality phone support
- Flexible thinker capable of grasping new processes and procedures quickly
- Flexible to work a variety of shifts to meet business needs, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to type at least 60 wpm
- Experience with Salesforce or another Customer Relationship Management tool is a plus
- A desire to grow and develop into a more Technical oriented role, and/or Supervisory position.
- Fully Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred, but not required for this position.
At SquareTrade you'll have access to:
- Excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and more)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401K with employer matching plan up to 5% of salary
- HSA with employer contribution
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly internet reimbursement directly in your paycheck
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Open access to mental health resources including therapy and coaching for employees and dependents
- Work-from-home set-up allowance
- Paid volunteer time to give back to the community
- Access to a diverse array of Employee Resource Groups
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules (where applicable)
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Pay range for this role is $17-$20, depending on the level of experience & where the candidate resides
SquareTrade is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. We celebrate diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status.
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership