Senior Data Analyst
- Cincinnati, OH
Star Source Consulting provides technical expertise for your business. We specialize in Information technology, providing a superior resource to companies in staff augmentation, project-based or full-time placements.
At Star Source Consulting, we take pride in providing professional and ethical services to suit our client’s needs.
Star Source Consulting has an outstanding reputation for providing quality consultants to match the client’s requirements.
An ideal candidate for this role will apply an intermediate level of both technical and business knowledge to provide answers or recommend solutions to business data problems which influence business strategy or decisions, and measure effectiveness and impact of change to the business. This person will work Independently or under minimal supervision to manage/perform multiple complex initiatives of limited scope (or segments of a large project), will manage problem resolution across systems, processes or channels; and navigate obstacles to deliver the desired work product. This candidate may function in multiple team roles (team member, team co-leader) while effectively contributing to the achievement of team/organization goals and may present and communicate findings to various levels of leadership.
· Facilitate gathering of complex business requirements by defining the business problem, identifying data requirements and isolating data elements
· Develop and maintain complex business solutions, which includes data, reporting, business intelligence, data collection applications or analytics
· Leverage an understanding of multiple data structures and sources to perform complex data queries using advanced data extraction and analytical tools and techniques
· Display an understanding of the connection between business operations and analytics to support business strategies and solutions
· Develops innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions
· Collaborates with IT to facilitate the implementation of technical data solutions and standards
· Perform data governance, integrity, quality and audit functions
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelors degree and 6 years experience in an analytical or technical support function
· Advanced knowledge of SQL language and 4+ years experience writing queries against relational databases with complex data relationships
· Intermediate knowledge of data reporting/analysis tools leveraging relational databases (such as SQL Server, OLTP/OLAP, DB2, Oracle)
· Intermediate knowledge of identifying, documenting and analyzing business and/or data requirements
· Intermediate knowledge of data extraction techniques and applications (such as SSIS, DTS)
· Displays an understanding of the connection between business operations and analytics
· Experience applying data information to support business functions
· Demonstrated application of innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions
· Intermediate knowledge of industry best practices
· Intermediate knowledge of data governance, integrity, quality and audit functions
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products
· Possesses an agility for learning technical and business concepts
· Intermediate knowledge of eCommerce and/or warehousing and fulfillment
· Strong project and time management skills
· Experience with Dynamics AX