Business Analyst (AX)
- Cincinnati, OH
Star Source Consulting provides technical expertise for your business. We specialize in Information technology, providing a superior resource to companies in staff augmentation, project-based or full-time placements.
At Star Source Consulting, we take pride in providing professional and ethical services to suit our client’s needs.
Star Source Consulting has an outstanding reputation for providing quality consultants to match the client’s requirements.
The Business Systems Analyst will be working primarily in Dynamics AX related projects by assisting in defining, developing, and delivering DAX 2009 associated business applications. Will serve as a liaison between the Business and IT and lead business automation projects. Will assist in streamlining business processes, documenting business requirements, and training business users in the effective use of software applications.
- Provide expertise on content, processes, and procedures associated with enterprise applications, including educating others on the workflow, business processes, and reporting metrics enabled by enterprise resource planning (ERP) modules.
- Perform business analysis of systems and follow through the full development life cycle.
- Troubleshoot basic problems and recommend appropriate actions.
- Analyze business processes, identify process deficiencies, research solutions, and plan and coordinate correction of these deficiencies.
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Apply functional knowledge to design and customize workflow systems to provide seamless integration for system users.
- Translate business needs into technical requirements. Write functional requirements, develop test plans and work with production issues.
- Coordinate, implement and communicate system change requirements.
- Develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
- Assist with the design and implementation of operational and system enhancements to ensure production capabilities are both effective and efficient.
- Write and validate business requirements and conduct system test as appropriate.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least two years of previous experience as an IT Business Analyst.
- Professional experience with Dynamics AX 2009, with in-depth knowledge of one or more modules.
- Experience with IT applications design, testing, and documentation methods.
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex technical information quickly and to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Experience in Project Management: planning through completion in large and small projects
- Strong Data Analysis skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze workflow/processes.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict management, and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with SQL Server and SQL statements.
- Experience with web technologies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.