- Cincinnati, OH
Star Source Consulting provides technical expertise for your business. We specialize in Information technology, providing a superior resource to companies in staff augmentation, project-based or full-time placements.
At Star Source Consulting, we take pride in providing professional and ethical services to suit our client’s needs.
Star Source Consulting has an outstanding reputation for providing quality consultants to match the client’s requirements.
Star Source Consulting is seeking a talented AS 400/RPG Programmer for an established client in Cincinnati.
· Create detail level design for software development projects.
· Analyze program design and develop program requirements to execute the design.
· Build systems as per the detail design specification.
· Code, test and debug new or modify existing programs according to specifications and to fulfill production requirements.
· Develop test scripts for system testing.
· Develop & maintain data integration and communication between systems.
· Accomplish programming work on time and ensure project goals are met as per requirement.
· Assist CRP (Customer Requirement Planning) phase for IT systems projects.
· Assist system study/design for new projects development and for existing system enhancement.
· Write program specification, create system /user documentation and instruction manuals.
· Provide production support and troubleshoot system issues.
· Assure total quality control management and programming standards.
· Provide end user testing, training and end to end system integration testing.
· Support implementation of systems in to production environment.
· Perform all duties in accordance with safety & environment rules and regulations.
PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assist RF scanner/printer configuration and troubleshooting.
· Assist system maintenance and perform system administration.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information technology OR minimum 5 years of hands-on programming experience.
· Knowledge of AS/400, RPG, CL, SQL/400 is additional advantage.
· Experience in logistics and/or warehouse and/or manufacturing environment is preferred.
· Ability to work in a highly interactive environment.
· Excellent analytical and communication skills.
· Strong organizational, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
· Goals-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced professional environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.