Senior Software Specialist
- Cincinnati, OH
Star Source Consulting we specialize in Information technology, providing a superior resources to companies. At Star Source Consulting, we take pride in providing professional and ethical services to suit our client’s needs.
At Star Source Consulting, we view our people as our greatest competitive advantage. We are a dynamic, high-growth, full service commerce and multichannel outsourcing solutions provider looking for the best and the brightest to work in our fast paced, entrepreneurial team environment.
The Sr. Software Specialist is responsible for the analysis, development, modification, installation, testing and maintenance of operating systems software and/or software tools. Possesses a strong understanding of systems programming, graphical user interfaces and control languages. Evaluates vendor supplied software packages and makes recommendations to IT management. Modifies, installs and prepares technical documentation for system software applications. Diagnoses and isolates software problems and performs problem resolution. Monitors systems capacity and performance, and provides Tier 2 technical support.
Base Pay: $80-$100K
Employee Type: Full time – Direct Hire
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Generous Vacation offerings, 401k, Profit sharing
- 5 years of IT work experience in systems administration and programming
- Experience with formal classroom presentation of software applications
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Independently solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members
- Proven operating system knowledge – Unix / NT
- Corrugated/Box industry experience is a PLUS
- Possesses an understanding of common end user operating systems, device, and desktop application software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of ITIL and PMI Service Management Concepts preferred
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills are a must
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.