Systems Architect/ Senior J2EE Developer
- Sterling, VA
Steel Thread Software, Inc. is a privately-held, certified small business headquartered in Dulles, VA. Since 2008, we have consistently delivered quality Information Technology services to leading US Federal Government agencies. Our history has been to provide best practices and offer emerging technologies that meet the mission objectives of a diverse customer base.
Steel Thread Software, Inc. is seeking a highly skilled and innovative Systems Architect who is looking to join a fast-paced start-up environment working with both commercial and Government clients. The Architect typically serves ad the technical lead during the design, development and deployment activities for the project team. In the role of senior, most experienced technical resource, the architect is sometimes required to code tasks themselves, often handling the most technically challenging aspects of the system. As experts in object-oriented analysis, design, and coding, they know how to apply best practices to develop robust and extensible systems. The Architect will work in partnership with project managers to refine requirements from a business standpoint.
- Provide leadership by setting a positive example and through mentoring.
- Identify and communicate technical risks and issues.
- Work with project management to successfully deliver the project, track and implement change requests, and identify and prioritize requirements.
- Identify and communicate application architecture with project team, customer and management.
- Divide requirements into stories and provide accurate estimates for the project management. Lead the technical team in developing the detailed tasks and validation of story estimates as required.
- Work with Project Manager and testers to ensure completion of development efforts within iteration.
- Coordinate day-to-day assignments and tasking for developers.
- Continue developing new business opportunities and maintain good relations with existing client base.
- Create code patches that provide a sustainable solution for clients.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for the technical support team.
- Development of application code using Java, J2EE and Struts.
- Has a complete understanding of the Java Virtual Machine and best practices for tuning it.
- Experience working with Liferay deployment environments (Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS AS, Tomcat, etc.)
- Experience writing code that uses Spring and Hibernate
- Demonstrated ability to lead a systems development project.
- Project estimation skills.
- Technical Design experience in OO technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Seek new opportunity and business development
- Must be analytical, communicative, decisive, driven to both learn and teach, team player, and have good written and oral skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of work experience in a corporate development environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a Lead Architect role.
- Possess thorough knowledge of company’s product domain, relevant technologies and development processes.
- Very strong team leadership skills.
- Able to articulate the architectural vision, willing to conceptualize and experiment with alternative architectural approaches, able to create models and have knowledge of different development methods and modeling techniques.
- Experience in fast-paced, agile environment.
We urge qualified candidates o apply for this position and experience the rewards of working for a progressive, dynamic, and forward-thinking organization that values the development of success of its employees. Steel Thread offers an excellent benefits package and a truly exciting work environment that encourages individual growth, cooperation, and innovation.