3M Certified Specialist
- Portland, OR
Established in 1988, Stellar serves small, medium and large manufacturers; Federal, State and local municipalities; and commercial construction companies in Washington, Alaska, Oregon and Idaho. We have become the Northwest’s premier industrial supplier by focusing on the products and services our customers require.
What differentiates us from other suppliers is our lineup of divisions with specialists that focus on specific products (Safety & Cutting Tools Divisions) and specific markets (Marine & Renewable Energy Divisions), enabling Stellar to better serve our customers.
In addition, we employ 3M Specialists who are factory-trained on abrasives, tapes and adhesives, further supporting our sales force. The final differentiator is our Solutions Division dedicated to offering the best process solutions to our customers. The combination of these divisions allows Stellar to truly outpace other suppliers.
We're committed to meeting the industrial needs of our customers by providing the latest technologies and products from quality manufacturers such as 3M, Lenox, Sandvick Coromant. We pride ourselves on providing professional courteous service and innovative solutions through our network of 9 branches across 3 states.
We are currently seeking high quality sales professionals to drive Stellar Industrial Supply sales of 3M Industrial Products in our Oregon market. 3M has consistently been rated in the top 10 manufacturing companies. As a Fortune 500 company 3M is a product and technology powerhouse. This is an opportunity to work for Stellar Industrial Supply representing the 3M brand, a brand that is globally recognized and trusted.
In this sales representative role at Stellar Industrial Supply, you will be a 3M Certified Specialist working a product portfolio that includes such products as high-quality abrasives, tapes films, adhesives, and specialty materials for the manufacture, repair and maintenance of autos, aircraft, boats, and other vehicles. In addition to supporting products and services specific to the industrial industry, you will represent a myriad of innovative products and services that help manufacturers improve their businesses locally and across the globe.
As a 3M Certified Specialist, you will be responsible for:
• Support coverage of assigned accounts and/or within an assigned geography
• Assist sales management in reaching business plan goals
• Understand and achieve sales targets and objectives
• Demonstrate products and train customers on product applications
• Sell 3M Industrial Products such as: Abrasives, Pressures Sensitive Tapes and Adhesives
• Understand customer processes and sell value versus price
• Work with Stellar Industrial Supply sales representatives, customer specifications, and material approvals through conducting joint sales calls and providing product training
• Drive forecast attainment for a zone
• Understand distributor business strategy
• Develop strong relationships and influence distributor sales representatives,3M sales representatives, customer accounts and prospects
• Understand customer business priorities
• Understand customer manufacturing processes
• Utilize solution-based selling skills
• Manage business planning and execution process
• Track and measure results against business plan
• Experience selling in the industrial market preferred
• Familiarity with 3M's industrial products is highly desired
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Outstanding sales preparation and organizational skills
• Works effectively in a sales team environment
• Creative problem solving
• Takes active role in self development
• Travel up to 5O% in a sales territory (Oregon and some in Washington)
• Participates in a two week training session at 3M's headquarter in St. Paul, MN
• Proven sales performer that can meet or exceed a 20% new product sale quota
To be eligible for this position you must complete a Culture Index™ survey. This survey will help us to identify your strengths,
work style, and management preferences.
To complete the survey follow this link:
You will need to create a user ID and password. Please select 3M Specialist as the position that you are interested in.
Thank you for your interest in Stellar Industrial Supply.