Customer Service Representative – Cutting Tool Specialist
- Spokane, WA
Established in 1988, Stellar serves small, medium and large manufacturers; Federal, State and local municipalities; and commercial construction companies in Washington, Alaska, Oregon and Idaho. We have become the Northwest’s premier industrial supplier by focusing on the products and services our customers require.
What differentiates us from other suppliers is our lineup of divisions with specialists that focus on specific products (Safety & Cutting Tools Divisions) and specific markets (Marine & Renewable Energy Divisions), enabling Stellar to better serve our customers.
In addition, we employ 3M Specialists who are factory-trained on abrasives, tapes and adhesives, further supporting our sales force. The final differentiator is our Solutions Division dedicated to offering the best process solutions to our customers. The combination of these divisions allows Stellar to truly outpace other suppliers.
Are you an experienced customer service associated with a technical mind? Do you know the difference between a solid cutting tool and an indexable tool? Have you worked with or have any experience with any of our top brands such as Sandvik, Guhring, Lenox or Master Chemical? We are looking for a technically minded person to train as an inside sales person to support our cutting tool division. Our ideal candidate will be customer centric and have excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as experience selling or working with cutting tools and/or metal working machinery.
Major responsibilities and expectations:
- Proficiently and efficiently handle the main inside sales functions to meet or exceed customer expectations:
- Immediately address all customer inquiries, whether a walk-in or call-in customer, and adeptly handle more than one customer at a time, when necessary
- Return calls and quotes as soon as possible
- Accurately enter quotes and orders using P21
- Expedite all open quotes and sales orders with urgency and accuracy
- Communicate quickly and accurately with customers with regards to quotes, orders or any other aspects of their account business
- Generate add on sales where appropriate, recognizing sales opportunities as you increase customer and product knowledge
- Communicate with vendors when necessary
- Engage in continual learning of Stellar products, processes and systems (P21)
- Conduct yourself as a responsible Stellar employee and co-worker
- Understand Stellar’s mission and vision
- Display a consistent positive, can-do attitude at all times
- Be a team player, supporting your department to meet branch and company goals
- Be a good communicator, maintain constant and clear communication with the branch manager
- Always work with honesty and forthrightness
- 2 years of inside sales experience preferred
- 2 years of experience with cutting tools or metal working machines required
- Knowledge of cutting tools is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational and data entry skills
- Ability to multi-task
At Stellar Industrial Supply, we offer market competitive compensation, long term incentives, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, disability, and 401k.
To be eligible for this position you must complete a Culture Index™ survey so we can better identify your strengths, see how they may apply to this position, as well as assist us in better management and development processes.
To complete the survey follow this link:
Select Customer Service - Cutting Tool Specialist