Cutting Tool Specialist
- Spokane, WA
Established in 1988, Stellar serves small, medium and large manufacturers; Federal, State and local municipalities; and commercial construction companies in Washington, Alaska, Oregon and Idaho. We have become the Northwest’s premier industrial supplier by focusing on the products and services our customers require.
What differentiates us from other suppliers is our lineup of divisions with specialists that focus on specific products (Safety & Cutting Tools Divisions) and specific markets (Marine & Renewable Energy Divisions), enabling Stellar to better serve our customers.
In addition, we employ 3M Specialists who are factory-trained on abrasives, tapes and adhesives, further supporting our sales force. The final differentiator is our Solutions Division dedicated to offering the best process solutions to our customers. The combination of these divisions allows Stellar to truly outpace other suppliers.
Stellar Industrial Supply, Inc. is a leading MRO, Cutting Tools and Safety Products distributor. Stellar’s main service area is the Pacific NW. We’re committed to partnerships with customers and suppliers in our drive to continuously improve customer profitability. We achieve this by providing the latest technologies and cutting tool products from quality manufacturers such as Lenox, Sandvik Coromant, Guhring, Lyndex-Nikken, SGS & Master Chemical. We are currently seeking a high quality Cutting Tool Specialist to drive Stellar Industrial Supply’s sales in our Cutting Tools Division. This position will be responsible for growing and maintaining business in our top accounts and supports the branches and all Revenue Producers to gain market share through the application of their cutting tool knowledge and experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in the cutting tools product category as well as outside sales experience. The position requires extensive travel in Washington and Oregon, and some travel nationally, mainly for factory training.
- Securing orders from existing and potential customers by means of regular contact with the customer
- Securing opportunities to quote on customer requirements
- Following up on quotes submitted to customers
- Establishing professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management, other key personnel)
- Submitting regular reports concerning customer-related activities
- Establishes, maintains, and services accounts
- Ensures high customer satisfaction, positive long-term relationships and repeat business
- Provides assistance and recommendations to the sales teams about appropriate products and serves as a liaison between our vendors, sales team, and customers
- Cutting tool technical applications knowledge required
- Cutting tool MFG knowledge preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience in manufacturing or related industry required
- Outside sales experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, personable, well organized, and works well by themselves and with other team members
- Proficiency working with MS Office is required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to travel overnight
To be eligible for this position you must complete a Culture Index™ survey so we can better identify your strengths, see how they may apply to this position, as well as assist us in better management and development processes.
To complete the survey follow this link:
Select Cutting Tool Specialist