- Tacoma, WA
Established in 1988, Stellar serves small, medium and large manufacturers; Federal, State and local municipalities; and commercial construction companies in Washington, Alaska, Oregon and Idaho. We have become the Northwest’s premier industrial supplier by focusing on the products and services our customers require.
What differentiates us from other suppliers is our lineup of divisions with specialists that focus on specific products (Safety & Cutting Tools Divisions) and specific markets (Marine & Renewable Energy Divisions), enabling Stellar to better serve our customers.
In addition, we employ 3M Specialists who are factory-trained on abrasives, tapes and adhesives, further supporting our sales force. The final differentiator is our Solutions Division dedicated to offering the best process solutions to our customers. The combination of these divisions allows Stellar to truly outpace other suppliers.
- Responsible for ensuring that financial information is processed in accordance with stated procedure and processes in order to provide management report information.
- Responds to routine inquiries from managers, staff, customers and suppliers and investigates as required.
- Provide information to managers on relevant financial issues.
- Ensures financial information is completed in accordance with financial timelines.
- Observe and maintain company confidentiality.
Essential Job Function(s)
- Assistant to Corporate Controller
- Participate in the month end closing and financial reporting process including reconciliation review and analysis review of balance sheet accounts.
- Create, develop and maintain accounting spreadsheets used in the Finance functions.
- Help establish and maintain policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure integrity of financials
- Apply basic accounting knowledge and techniques to all areas of work, including the production of journals, routine cost and variance analysis.
- Analyze financial information in response to queries from Managers and Executives.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and successfully collaborate with staff at all levels.
- Identify and resolve errors and discrepancies.
- Assist on Budget preparation.
- Any other accounting assigned duties.
- Basic understanding of accounting process and procedures, financial reporting and budgeting.
- Experience with financial statements preferred***
- Two to four years of experience in an accounting environment preferred
- Two year accounting degree preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
To be eligible for this position you must complete a Culture Index™ survey so we can better identify your strengths, see how they may apply to this position, as well as assist us in better management and development processes.
To complete the survey follow this link:
Select Acct. Asst.