Outside Sales Representative - Albany/Eugene Oregon
- Albany, OR
Established in 1988, Stellar serves small, medium and large manufacturers; Federal, State and local municipalities; and commercial construction companies in Washington, Alaska, Oregon and Idaho. We have become the Northwest’s premier industrial supplier by focusing on the products and services our customers require.
What differentiates us from other suppliers is our lineup of divisions with specialists that focus on specific products (Safety & Cutting Tools Divisions) and specific markets (Marine & Renewable Energy Divisions), enabling Stellar to better serve our customers.
In addition, we employ 3M Specialists who are factory-trained on abrasives, tapes and adhesives, further supporting our sales force. The final differentiator is our Solutions Division dedicated to offering the best process solutions to our customers. The combination of these divisions allows Stellar to truly outpace other suppliers.
It is the responsibility of an outside sales person to build his or her account base to its maximum sales and gross margin potential, while upholding Stellar’s Vision: Ideal Customer <-> Supplier Partnerships
- Meet or exceed Budget commitments
- Commitment to our Mission and Vision
- Represent Stellar with Integrity and Professionalism
- All activities including time management should directly be related to:
- Creating Value for our customer, our suppliers and Stellar
- Sales Generation
- Profit Expansion
5. Monthly “Plan for Growth” Report
6. 5% DCS for account base
7. Monthly “Engagement Form”
8. Monthly “Expense” Report
9. Work with and promote our vendors
10. Work in conjunction with branch staff to promote teamwork and to most effectively and efficiently service our customer base.
11. Manage territory customer relations and flow of materials
12. Communicate with Stellar management.
13. Using all resources to enhance the customer experience
1. Preparation of an annual budget for sales and gross margin $, monthly
2. Meet or exceed budgeted amounts monthly and YTD
3. Minimum sales after two years is $140,000/month; minimum gross margin $ is $30,000/month after two years.
4. Preparation, with Sales Manager, of quarterly target/key account sales plans and completion of plan.
5. Prepare a brief monthly report, due by commission pay date, stating:
- Actual sales and margin $ vs. Budget
- High and low points for the month
- Progress vs. Quarterly sales plans
- Suggestions for improvement
- Reports should tie together from one month to the next
6. Meet or exceed customer expectations:
- Courtesy and professionalism
- Build relationships for the long term
- Aggressive follow through
- Clear communications on customer needs
7. Understand Stellar’s service abilities:
- E-commerce and be able to explain to the customer
- Inventory levels and first pass fill rates
- Normal response times
- Delivery systems
- Computer system
- Purchasing system and response time
- Technical abilities, including bar coding, EDI, Internet, sales reports, etc.
- Contract arrangements and flexibility therein
8. Constant and clear communication with Sales Manager on impediments to progress, suggestions for improvement, opportunities.
9. Constant development of product knowledge.
10. Utilize manufacturer sales reps. to help develop territory.
11. Have a regular call schedule; plan your sales calls and reasons for sales call.
12. Penetrate existing accounts; constantly look for new products and additional products we can sell. Have multiple contacts in your accounts
13. Strive to be a value added sales person, always look for ways to save the customer both time and money. Document cost savings and report to the customer.
14. Generate sales opportunities with new accounts in your territory.
15. Attend regularly scheduled weekly meetings.
16. Help elsewhere in company, when necessary. Assist on contract and other large quote opportunities. Help inside sales phone coverage, make deliveries and pick ups when asked.
17. Display consistent “can-do,” positive attitude. Strive to constantly improve.
At Stellar Industrial Supply, we offer market competitive compensation, long term incentives, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, disability, and 401k.
We are asking all applicants to complete a Culture Index™ survey. It helps us to identify strengths, work style and habits, management preferences, and energy level. We use it as a tool, along with your resume and interviews to decide how well you’ll fit the position.
Please complete the survey at the following URL:
You will need to create a user ID and password. Please select Outside Sales - Albany/Eugene as the position you are interested in.