Product Management Assistant
- Tacoma, WA
If you are interested in joining a company that is committed to exceeding customer expectations in every way, consider joining the Pacific Northwest's premier distributor of industrial supplies, Stellar Industrial Supply.
We serve small, medium and large manufacturers; Federal, State and local municipalities; and commercial construction companies in Washington, Alaska, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and California. We provide unparalleled service to our customers, suppliers, and employees.
It is the responsibility of a purchasing assistant to learn about our supplier base, our computer system, and our systems for tracking purchase orders and utilize this to expedite and track shipments with our suppliers. In doing so we will maximize inventory turnover and customer service levels, while keeping dead stock to a minimum, adding new products, communicating with sales and marketing and maintaining an accurate database, always observing the principals stated in Stellar’s Mission Statement and Vision.
- Expediting Purchase Orders & Tracking of Shipments
- Gain proficiency in use of expediting-portals
- Acknowledge & cost purchase Orders
- Tracking and checking on delivery dates of purchase orders
- Order report (weekly)
- Utilize database skills in doing job proficiently
2. Profit 21 System
- Update systems changes
- Vendor change information
- Item descriptions, buy methods, classes
- Input data
- New goods
- New vendors
- Create purchase orders
- Create vendor returns
3. Supply Connect Pro Date input and maintenance
4. Purchasing sales support
- Check pricing and availability
- Post important line cost increases
- Request samples, special quotes, assistance from vendor representatives
- Request literature, line art and suggestions for flyer
5. Vendor/representative interaction
- Negotiation: pricing, flyers, co-op funding, new item review, stock returns, programs
- Discuss problems and solutions, changes
- Expedite orders
- Display consistent “can-do,” positive attitude. Strive to constantly improve.
- Help elsewhere in company, when necessary or when asked.
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Able to read and interpret written information
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent data entry skills
- Comfortable making phone calls to suppliers
At Stellar Industrial Supply, we offer long term incentives, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, disability after 90-days of service, and 401k