Sales Specialist - Metalworking
- 1120 N Howe Rd, Spokane Valley, WA 99212, USA
Stellar Industrial Supply is a privately held, ISO/AS9120-certified premier industrial supplier. Our specialists, sales force and customer experience managers serve small, medium and large manufacturers; federal, state and local municipalities; and commercial construction companies across the United States.
We have invested in our business to maintain our profitability and stability. We partner with our customers and suppliers to provide individual products and individualized solutions that help you save costs and boost profit, efficiently and without frustration. We go onsite to handle purchasing, receiving and delivery; obtain competitive pricing; and manage tools and inventory.
Innovating our solutions, caring about our people, performing as one with our suppliers and customers. That is how we thrive—acting with authenticity and excellence that improves the customer experience, stakeholder trust, market leadership and value— to benefit all involved.
This position supports our branches in Spokane and Pasco, WA, and Billings, MT. You will be responsible for growing and maintaining business in our top accounts and supports the outside sales team in gaining market share through the application of their metalworking knowledge and experience. The ideal candidate will have experience with metalworking tools as well as outside sales experience. The position requires travel to support local branches, and some regional travel, and factory training and conferences.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
More specifically, it is the responsibility of the Metalworking Sales Specialist to:
• Develop, troubleshoot and recommend application of metalworking tools, fluids, lubricants, etc.
• Build a strong relationship with fabrication/manufacturing facilities, mills, forges, foundries and understand their needs from a technical standpoint.
• Significantly contribute to new business development and profitability growth by working with the outside sales team and Stellar locations.
• Develop and maintain a balanced pipeline of customer prospects through networking, referrals, research and cold calling.
• Understand tooling applications, provide customers with alternative solutions and assist Stellar locations with associated product crossovers.
• Secure orders and opportunities to quote on customer requirements from existing and potential customers.
• Establishing professional relationships with customers and vendors.
• Enter all sales and pipeline activity in company CRM system.
• Entering Documented Cost Savings (DCS) on a daily or weekly basis.
• Stay up-to-date on metalworking product knowledge and application.
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for providing and maintaining high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Carry out responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner that promotes diversity, safety, and equal treatment to other employees.
• Respond to changing market conditions that contributes to long term sustainability.
• Perform other tasks and projects as dictated by business and as requested.
• Must have technical experience from working in Metalworking industry
• CNC Machining Experience required.
• Knowledgeable with cutting tools, oils, coolants, lubricants, etc.
• Mechanical aptitude
• Outside sales experience preferred
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
• Comfortable working in a sales-driven environment
• Proficient using latest technology (CRM, Smartphone, Tablet)
• Proficient with MS Office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Stellar Industrial Supply, we offer market competitive compensation, long term incentives, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, and 401k with a company match program.
Thank you for considering Stellar Industrial Supply as an employer.
For more information about Stellar Industrial Supply, please visit www.StellarIndustrial.com.