Position: Sr. Manual Functional Tester
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio (LOCALS PREFERRED)
Duration : 12 months contract
Rate : $45/hr (Negotiable)
While submitting the candidates, please provide the following :
Skype ID :
Visa Status & Validity :
How will this person interact with other members in the organization?
Coordination with all of the application teams to validate testing is in progress along with other testing coordination type activities.
The tester will be responsible for coordination with all of the application teams to validate testing is in progress along with other testing coordination type activities. The tester must be assertive and willing to help implement and drive process within the project team. The tester must demonstrate Excellent Communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for coordination with all of the application teams to validate testing is in progress along with other testing coordination type activities. Agile Scrum methodology in project execution
2. Work within various test methodologies such as agile and/or waterfall
3. Create QA Task List in order to meet objectives and deadlines
4. Participate in Requirement & Design Doc review session; evaluate requirements & design docs from a quality testability standpoint
5. Create Detailed Test Cases for full requirement coverage/traceability
6. Execute Test Cases to validation correct functionality of application
7. Manage test coverage based on risk analysis
8. Document defects and evaluate priority of defect based on overall application functionality
9. Coordinate Test Case Reviews with stakeholders are being held as appropriate.
10. Perform various testing types including white/black box, integration, back-end DB validation, system testing etc.
11. Adhere to requirement review, defect writing & test case writing guidelines
12. Coordinate testing efforts between 3rd party testing team.
13. Keep Lead Tester informed of current state of quality and test progress
14. Ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
15. Participate in Root Cause Analysis sessions
16. Ensure that projects follow prescribed software development life cycle standards.
17. Develop and maintain good relationships with project team.
18. Identify obstacles and roadblocks; and offer suggestions to work around obstacles
The ideal candidates MUST possess:
SQL Knowledge required (ability to write their own SQL scripts)
5+ years QA Experience
Integration Testing Experience
Mobile Experience and Automation Experience, a plus
Mobile Automation Experience is highly desired
Excellent communication skills and must be able to work independently
Bachelor’s degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position
Strong collaboration, analytical skills and leadership ability
Understanding of regression testing techniques
Adept at identifying and resolving test risks and issues within a collaborative team environment
Integration Testing experience a plus or conversion testing a plus