- Durham, NY
Storeroom Solutions, Inc. (SSI) is a national leader in storeroom, inventory and procurement management and the fastest growing independent MRO integrated supply specialist in the country. SSI is committed to the principles of respect, honesty and integrity and to delivering value to our customers, employees, shareholders and supply partners. SSI offers its employees a friendly work environment, great benefits and provides opportunities for continuous employee development on all levels.
This function serves as on-site labor in the logistics area of the storeroom; including receiving, stocking, issuing, inventory accuracy, and client interface and computer transaction entry.
The focus of this position is to receive, stock, issue, and locate inventory utilizing the our proprietary software system, SOS.
This position is responsible for on-site customer service within the storeroom(s) of a client’s operational facility. Responsibilities include:
· Following all site Safety and Security Procedures; performing all assignments and tasks in a safe manner.
· Reporting any unsafe working conditions to the Site Manager before the commencement of any work.
· Receiving purchased material and checking PO against packing slip for accuracy.
· Putting material away after receipt.
· Entering receiving and inventory information into the SOS 2001 system.
· Returning unused material to system and restock.
· Returning material to vendor or shipping parts out for repair.
· Performing cycle counts and reporting stock balance discrepancies to Site Manager for resolution.
· Issuing materials to client.
· Maintaining close communication with supervisor regarding all customer issues and concerns.
· Special projects assignments
· Ability to learn and demonstrate proficiency in part identification.
· PC Based Windows Operating System computer experience and ability to learn and demonstrate proficiency in the use of the SOS system.
· Strong people skills.
· High School Diploma
· Basic math skills
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid vacation; life insurance; and a matching 401(k) plan. SSI is a growing organization with excellent training and opportunities for advancement from within.
To learn more about us, check out our website: storeroomsolutions.com/ssi-careers or follow us on Twitter @StoreroomTalent
Storeroom Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V welcome to apply. SSI operates a drug-free workplace; applicants are subject to background checking and pre-employment drug testing.