- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective that creates brands that people love and places people love to be.
Powered by in-depth insights and an interdisciplinary approach, we enhance brands and places, drive consumer demand, and foster community. We are committed to creating meaningful end-user experiences through informed strategy and design.
At Streetsense we are deeply invested in our people. We’ve created a work environment that makes it fun to show up every day. In addition to the pay and benefits we know you need, we provide learning and development opportunities and lots of fun ways to be part of our uncommon collective.
Performs within a design team in a self-directed manner in multiple aspects of the Interior Architecture process including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements. Lead the documentation and management of branded concept restaurant and retail projects.
- Display passion and an innovative approach to interior architecture that combines collaboration, entrepreneurship, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in design, design execution, and sustainable principles.
- Work with team on multiple, complex projects through all phases from proposal through construction.
- Active participant in client engagement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the architectural design process and integration of interior architecture/design concepts with the ability to develop interior design element components.
- Think and design three-dimensionally with creative and conceptual skills.
- Integrate graphic communications and brand messaging into the built environment.
- Develop and coordinate detailed design concepts, functional requirements and project-design criteria.
- Assist with design and technical coordination among disciplines, and respond to technical implications of design decisions.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops associated research and documentation for these solutions.
- Develops responses to contractor questions, inquiries, RFI’s etc. under periodic direction of an assigned supervisor.
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures.
- Assist design presentations in client meetings.
- Manage multiple similar projects at varying stages of the development continuum at one time
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB-accredited program
- 5+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the restaurant and/or retailing industries
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software preferred
- Graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop and SketchUp preferred
- Advanced experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Advanced experience with construction materials and specifications
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.