- Bethesda, MD
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits, to weekly bagel breakfasts and happy hours for staff, Streetsense prides itself on creating a place where employees want to show up every day and fostering a collaborative environment.
Streetsense seeks a GIS Analyst with three to five years of experience. A successful candidate should be a detail-oriented individual with experience working in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary environment. Candidate should exude an entrepreneurial spirit––a self-starter and avid learner, capable of applying GIS to tackle a wide array of challenges. This position provides ample opportunity to mold and evolve Streetense’s GIS capabilities and impact a variety of creative and strategic projects. We are looking for equal parts GIS whiz and social scientist.
• GIS analysis, geodatabase design, and map production for a wide variety of real estate, retail, and hospitality projects
• Proactive research, analysis, and evaluation of geospatial solutions
• Acquire data sets from a variety of sources
• Build, refine, and manage a growing database of robust information
• Development and maintenance of metadata
• Effective communication with internal and external clients regarding GIS requirements
• Multi-task and effectively manage working on various projects simultaneously under deadlines
• Strong work ethic and ability to self-start as well as work collaboratively in a team
• A bachelor’s degree in Geography or other related fields
• Minimum three (3) years of GIS experience
• Expertise in latest ArcGIS software including Spatial Analyst toolkit
• Ability to manipulate complex maps and datasets
• Experience with population geography and thematic mapping related to demographics, economics, and/or urban planning.
• Clear, concise, and effective communication skills (graphic, oral, and written)
• Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, preferably InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Ability to read, write, and manipulate code, preferably python, C++ or SQL
• Capacity to multi-task and prioritize assignments while delivering consistent and quality work product
• Hyper organized with strong attention to detail
• Self-starter—requires little direction
• Possesses a keen eye for aesthetics and visual hierarchy
Streetsense is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.