Co-Founder & CPO @ BUTIQE - B2B Marketplace Startup (f/m/d)
- Oskar-von-Miller-Ring 20, 80333 München, Germany
We are Stryber - the largest independent corporate portfolio builder in the DACH region. We help our clients launch new digital ventures from scratch (and fix the strategy behind it) as well as build our own ventures.
Our Approach. We build web/mobile prototypes and MVPs to test and iterate business ideas quickly in the market. Later, we scale and grow the most promising ones to let them become leading solutions in their market.
This is where you come in. We carve out several successful MVPs per year into separate legal entities, hire a dedicated management team, and raise an investment round, so the venture has the best chance to become the next unicorn! The business case is already validated, initial processes have been established, and a first loyal customer base exists. Now we need you to achieve a product-market fit and scale the venture further. For that the founder team also needs to raise a seed investment round within the first 6 months.
The venture. We have built a wholesale marketplace connecting boutique-style retailers with selected makers of unique products. Our mission is to redefine the way retailers shop for their stores. On butiqe.de retailers have easy access to new, quality products from selected makers. Beyond that, we offer retailers free returns as they are used to as private customers, thus enabling them to test products risk-free. Our goal is to strengthen local makers and to make every article in a retailer’s shop a bestseller!
As Co-Founder you are part of the foundering team and in the role of the CPO you are fully responsible for the product of the company – build a scalable kick-ass team, ensure user love and improve the product-related KPIs. This role includes:
- Developing the digital product vision & roadmap
- Listening to the users and make them happy: conduct user and competitor research, conduct design sprints, put the customer first in your day-to-day work to improve the digital product based on deep user/customer and market understanding
- Building and coordinating a team of product owners, UX/UI designer and developers
- Improving the product based on data-driven insights and business value
- Improving critical KPIs, such as transaction frequency and basket size
- Coordinating with your co-founders in order to offer the items users are looking for and build a product catered to the right target groups
- Raising a seed funding round right after the start as fast as possible (we will support and provide you with access to our network of investors)
Together with your co-founders you will own the majority of the company, so this a real founder opportunity. We are an investor and not protecting the founders from default risks and challenges that come with starting a company (e.g. running out of cash).
The setup is equal to that of any startup, but with us you already get a proven idea with initial traction, co-founders, some small starting capital, and access to our network and expertises. Read more here.
- You are among the 1% of people who are true entrepreneurs at heart! This is a real founder opportunity. You have a strong burning desire to start your own company and are willing to take all the sacrifices and risks it comes with (bankruptcy, not being able to pay you a salary for months, hard work needed day and night to close customers and funding rounds, etc.) Otherwise: don't apply and look for a regular employee job.
- You have founded a startup or have held a senior product position in a startup with significant achievements in your role
- 3+ years proven work experience in product management
- Prior experience in the retail business is a plus
- You hold a Bachelor or Master degree with outstanding academic results
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- You are fluent in German and English
- You are not afraid to work hands-on as co-founder: product building, running marketing campaigns, doing B2B sales, approaching potential customers on the street, doing financial calculations, talk to potential investors→ get ready to do it all in the early stages of your venture!
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- You are self-driven, ready to hustle every day (and night) and get things done
- Achiever mentality: You can show a track record of extraordinary accomplishments and previous entrepreneurial activities
- The ability to keep calm in turbulent, time-critical situations and manage multiple projects
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams and managing different stakeholders' expectations
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- You are data and customer-driven and have a solid concept on how to implement this in your daily work
- Being able to pay in your share capital amount (typically between 6.000€ and 7.500€)
- A seed stage opportunity: a solid product, a business model proven by real transactions, attractive unit economics and a kick-ass founding team - You can build your own company from the ground up
- A co-founder opportunity with an attractive equity package (you OWN this company together with your co-founders = you hold the majority of shares).
- Depending on the monthly revenue and the initial runway provided by Stryber you can also pay yourself a small base salary, which is up to you and your co-founders to decide - you manage your cashflow! The salary increases appropriately over time (with additional funding rounds and increasing revenue), you can check out our salary template for indications.
Don't apply if: you feel not ready to survive with little or any salary for some months to keep the company not run out of cash too soon or you expect to earn beyond €50.000/anno
- The senior team at Stryber always has your back: we are specialists in product, scalable operations, growth, fundraising ... and provide you with guidance, structure, and honest feedback
- We will build a strong founding team around you with skills that complement you and significantly increases the likeliness of success
- Fame and glory for what you will have built
- Valuable support from peer startups within the Stryber portfolio and a highly professional operational team at Stryber, when needed
- A highly dynamic and energetic environment within the Stryber family
- Access to our co-investor as well as corporate network
Start date: asap