Reporting to the Vice-President (Internal Affairs), the Orientation Week Communications Officer will work as a team and be responsible for coordinating and implementing Orientation Week internal and external communications initiatives to stakeholders and audiences, primarily to new students, through a variety of platforms and media.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive communications and branding strategy and plan, aligned with Orientation Week values and missions;
- Coordinate design and submission of content for Orientation Week social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter;
- Answer phone calls, chat queries, in-person queries, and email queries during designated hours as required by the communications platforms and timeline in place;
- Plan and update Orientation Week website content;
- Design and create promotional and communications materials (print and digital).