Orientation Week Communications Officer (2)
- Montreal, Canada
With over 20,000 members, SSMU’s role is to represent undergraduate students and to offer them services since 1908.
Reporting to the Vice-President (Internal Affairs), the Orientation Week Communications Officer will work as a team and be responsible for coordinating and implementing Orientation Week internal and external communications initiatives to stakeholders and audiences, primarily to new students, through a variety of platforms and media.
1) Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive communications and branding strategy and plan, aligned with Orientation Week values and missions;
2) Coordinate design and submission of content for Orientation Week social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter;
3) Answer phone calls, chat queries, in-person queries, and email queries during designated hours as required by the communications platforms and timeline in place;
4) Plan and update Orientation Week website content;
5) Design and create promotional and communications materials (print and digital).
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) skills in English; any French proficiency is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Creative and innovative;
- Knowledge of McGill Orientation Week and its components and changing culture;
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new information;
- Knowledge of multimedia and social media platforms and best practices;
- Extremely well-organized and self-motivated with an ability to work both independently and with a diverse team;
- Flexible and adaptive, including dealing with difficult situations and audiences;
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is an asset;
- Must be physically in Montreal for Summer 2016 (May through August).
• Paid position: $13.21 per hour
• Hours: On average 10 hours per week
• Contract: April 1st, 2016 through September 30th, 2016
• Deadline to apply is on March 6th, 2016