Orientation Week Communications Officer (3)
- Montreal, Canada
Reporting to the Vice-President (Internal Affairs), the Orientation Week Communications Officer will work as a team and be responsible for coordinating and implementing Orientation Week internal and external communications initiatives to stakeholders and audiences, primarily to new students, through a variety of platforms and media.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive communications and branding strategy and plan, aligned with Orientation Week values and missions;
- Coordinate design and submission of content for Orientation Week social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter;
- Answer phone calls, chat queries, in-person queries, and email queries during designated hours as required by the communications platforms and timeline in place;
- Plan and update Orientation Week website content;
- Design and create promotional and communications materials (print and digital).
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) skills in English; any French proficiency is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Creative and innovative;
- Knowledge of McGill Orientation Week and its components and changing culture;
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new information;
- Knowledge of multimedia and social media platforms and best practices;
- Extremely well-organized and self-motivated with an ability to work both independently and with a diverse team;
- Flexible and adaptive, including dealing with difficult situations and audiences;
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is an asset
- Must be physically in Montreal for Summer 2013 (May through August).
- Start date: May 1st, 2013 End Date: September 15th, 2013
- Hours will vary from 5-10 hours/week, on average, and up to 20 hours/week during peak periods.
- Deadline to apply: April 14th, 2013