- 3600 Rue McTavish, Montréal, QC H3A 0G3, Canada
With over 20,000 members, SSMU’s role is to represent students and to offer services since 1908.
The Anti Violence Coordinator will review and update the SSMU Gendered and Sexual Violence Policy
(GSVP) and act as a GSVP expert for all SSMU staff and members. They will ensure that the structures
needed to implement the GSVP are in place throughout the academic year. They will conduct
investigations and training as required.
- Consult with other resources including SACOMSS, OSVRSE and to continue to develop a gendered and sexual violence training program to be administered employees, club members, ISG members, service members and SSMU elected representatives;
- Execute all trainings for SSMU members, staff and faculty involvement restriction committees;
- Consult with stakeholder groups on campus such as SACOMSS and OSVRSE on all projects related the gendered and sexual violence undertaken by SSMU;
- Act as a resource and support person for SSMU executives, students, student groups and the Involvement Restriction Policy (IRP) Committee with issues relating to sexual violence;
- Manage, respond and investigate all GSVP cases and disclosures;
- Act as the chair of the IRP Governing Committee;
- Maintain the IRP restriction list;
- All other tasks as assigned by the Human Resources Manager and Director.
- An understanding of equity, anti-Oppressive principles, and the intersectional impacts of sexual violence
- Experience in research, report-writing, and/or policy development;
- Extensive knowledge of existing policy against sexual violence, especially in the university context;
- Knowledge of both SSMU and McGill’s governance structure;
- Extensive knowledge of, or involvement with, grassroots work against sexual violence on campuses;
- Experience in student advocacy, representation, and awareness-building;
- Training in active listening and pro-survivor responses to sexual violence;
- Good organization and planning skills;
- An understanding of Québec Labour Laws relating to workplace sexual violence an asset ;
- Good communication skills in English;
- French is an asset.
- Paid position: $16.26/hour
- Hours per week: up to 15 hours per week;
- Contract: June 1st, 2022 to May 31st, 2023;