- Memphis, TN
Sullivan Branding is always on the lookout for talented individuals to add to our team. We’re interested in people that are curious, creative, skillful with a healthy dose of initiative. What we offer is a place that appreciates ingenuity, rewards excellence and recognizes the bottom line value of fun.
The MEDIA PLANNER works with the media director in research, planning and placement of all clients’ media. The media planner assists in establishing appropriate media and budgets for clients, and establishes good relationships with all media reps, including meeting with local vendors as needed. The media planner attends to all administrative functions and paperwork required to carry out assigned media functions.
This person must be well versed in costs, fees, formats and other variables related to traditional and digital media buying, and should be alert to changes and new opportunities of interest to clients and compatible with client goals or objectives.
- Develops an understanding of client’s marketing objectives.
- Researches, develops, and plans media for specified clients.
- Presents media plans to account service and clients.
- Executes all media plans within established budgets; buys media space and air time.
- Establishes deadlines for materials needed and reports deadlines to the creative, production and account services departments.
- Designs optimum buys in terms of cost efficiency, goals delivery & vendor agreements according to approved media plans/ estimates.
- Negotiate all rates, special placement & added value for all media.
- Documents all negotiations, makegoods and credits.
- Maintains all media buys and is responsible for post-buy analysis of all buys.
- Promptly approves all media invoices to be forwarded to accounting for payment and produces monthly client billing.
- Alerts media director/account services of special media offers/placement opportunities, etc.
- Maintains current software program skills related to the performance of daily job functions.
- A background in buying broadcast, print, outdoor and digital preferred.
- Demonstrates accuracy in all projects.
- Meets timelines & deadlines on projects.
- Maintain excellent organizational skills.