- Marysville, OH
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of electrical wiring harnesses and components for the automotive industry, is seeking a Design Engineer for its Marysville, OH location.
• Control / manage products from Quality, Cost, Design, and Delivery area to achieve the targets
through Development activity
• Interface with customers on all technical aspects of E&EDS Design. Create 2D WH Drawings in
Customer’s Catia-V5 based program. Responsible for Design Accuracy of Customer 2D
Drawings related to Specs & Guidelines
• Support & Maintain EDS design in Customer’s Electrical System CAD program (Zuken based).
Countermeasure and troubleshoot electrical problems. Meet Customer and Internal Cost targets
through supporting VA/VE investigation.
• Lead, coordinate, and participate with Design Reviews (Customer & Internal) to progress design
through Vehicle Development stages.
• Establish alternative options, solutions and countermeasures against design review result related
to spec requirements, quality concerns, and value added targets
• Support New Business competition through Application Engineering of New Technology, New
Products, and other Value Added Proposals
• Create supporting documents for Design and present to customer and internal groups
• Organize and lead design review events
• Coordinate and instruct design change implementation between customer and internal
• Investigate optimum E&EDS design on new vehicle to achieve customer’s needs and company’s
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or technical field related field with experience
in a manufacturing environment (BSEE, BSME preferred)
• 1-2 years preferred in product development / design related field
• Team oriented person with good communication skills and strong self motivation for challenging
• Japanese bilingual language skills preferred (conversation speaking level)
• Team oriented with self-motivation for challenging tasks
• CATIA or other ES-CAD system experience preferred
• Ability to multi-task while meeting strict deadlines in fast pace environment
This position offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) with match.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V