Wire Harness Systems Engineer
- Detroit, MI
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of electrical wiring harnesses and components for the automotive industry, is seeking a Wire Harness Systems Engineer (Chrysler or Ford Experience) for its Northville, Michigan location.
• Review approved customer Product Direction Letter (PDL) for vehicle program to identify electrical sub-system content.
• Review approved Product Option List for the vehicle program and verify consistency with PDL.
• Update the logical schematics received from CAE and use option tags to support the Option and Variant Manager.
• Design a set of full vehicle physical schematics based on input from logical schematics and layouts. Release schematics to customer.
• Perform CAE analysis and develop system validation requirements.
• Develop complexity charts.
• Conduct compatibility and match checks.
• Conduct fuse and wiring sizing
• Support vehicle launches/prototype builds.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• 3-10 years related experience
• Must have Chrysler or Ford Experience
This position offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) with match.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V