Maintenance Technician (1st Shift)
- Tempe, AZ
Healthy Products from a Healthy Company
At Sun Orchard, we’re passionate about doing things the right way – from creating healthy, delicious juices, beverages and bar mixers, to caring for the health and well-being of our valuable employees, our planet, and the communities where we operate. After more than 26 years, we continue to pride ourselves on delivering safe products to the finest foodservice businesses throughout the US and Canada.
Learn more at www.SunOrchard.com.
Position Summary: Perform routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment under general supervision. Execute work within established procedures and process under both verbal and written instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- PLC experience
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and product quality.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including GMPs, Safety and Quality requirements.
- Inspects all job assignments for quality and completion.
- Follows all company policies and procedures regarding GMPs, sSOPs, Food Safety and Quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Core Competencies: In order to succeed in this position, an individual must exhibit the following core competencies:
- Flexible and Self-Motivating – Must be able to adapt to schedule, production hours, and procedure changes; Able to motivate, communicate across functions, and manage others while leading a small group of employees.
- Experience with AC/DC motors, conveyors, pastuerizers, basic electrical & plumbing skills
- Strong prioritization Skills
- Ability to use efficiently various power and hand tools
- Should follow oral or written instruction.
- Communicate efficiently and fluently in both written and oral form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Some food production plant experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret basic instructional details and related information.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be frequently exposed moving mechanical parts and forklifts, citrus fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
- The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to taste and/or smell citrus products and other fruit juices to test for quality and ensure specs are met.
tion will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.