Director of Nursing - HomeCare
- Philadelphia, PA
SunCrest Healthcare, Inc. was formed in November 2005 for the purpose of developing Medicare/Medicaid-certified home health agencies in the Southern United States. The company is based in Nashville, Tenn. SunCrest’s operating philosophy focuses on developing effective partnerships with the local healthcare communities, especially the local hospital systems, in order to ensure that the local communities’ home health care needs are met in a caring, high quality, safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
While SunCrest is a young company, its management team consists of experienced home healthcare veterans with outstanding reputations for providing high quality, comprehensive and efficient services.
- Develops, supervises and evaluates a group of qualified clinicians and caregivers.
- Assists with the analysis and evaluation of clinical operations to ensure standards are adhered to.
- Assures agency compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Participates in activities relative to the provision of professional services to an assigned group of patients.
- Assists Director of Nursing to ensure that all staff providing care maintain professional standards of community nursing practice.
- Maintains and adheres to agency procedure and patient care policy standards.
- Assists Director of Nursing with enforcing policies and procedures in compliance with state health statutes and administrative rules to include CDC guidelines, OSHA guidelines for employee safety, standard precautions, and infection control procedures.
- Coordinates patient care services for an assigned group of patients.
- Provides case management as described in state regulations.
- Assists Director of Nursing with development and implementation of policies for, and keeps records of criteria for admission to service, case assignments and case management.
- Informs appropriate staff about home health statutes and administrative rules.
- Demonstrates effective knowledge of the federal and state regulations governing home health agencies and the ability to ensure compliance with them.
- Assists Director of Nursing with installation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure achievement of objectives of the agency.
- Interprets and transmits policies of the agency to the assigned staff.
- Reports to the Director of Nursing regarding changes that might affect the clinical operations of the agency.
- Coordinates and participates in patient care conferences.
- Assists with orientation of new staff prior to patient contact
- Acts as preceptor for new staff.
- Participates in continuing education for staff to include preceptorship, orientation and in-services.
- Conducts and documents on-site supervisory visits per policy.
- Participates in on call rotation as applicable.
- Assists with administrative on call as needed.
- Participates in the agency performance/quality improvement program.
- Provides clinical proofing of all OASIS forms.
- Assists Director of Nursing with staff performance appraisals.
- Assists with billing process.
- Completes projects/assignments within specific timetables.
- Attains goals as set forth in the annual performance evaluation.
- Submits documentation within required timeframes.
- Maintains strict confidentiality on patient, agency, and employee matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to organize work procedures, assume responsibility and effectively supervise others.
- Possesses excellent computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of authority and to patients.
- Possesses excellent organization, problem solving, and project management skills.