PHP Engineer at a Venture-backed Corporation Disrupting the Building Supply Industry
- Chattanooga, TN
SupplyHog is the one-stop shop for building supplies and materials for contractors and do-it-yourselfers. We are disrupting a 1 trillion dollar industry and are going to be the leading supplier for building materials. We are building new technologies and beating the system to get ahead in the industry. SupplyHog is looking for a highly skilled Web Engineer, with extensive knowledge in front-end and back-end development who is interested in building a career with our team. Successful candidates should enjoy working in a dynamic team environment and have an enthusiasm and drive to manage and complete projects with detail and precision.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best web development practices.
- Transpose site layout/user interface by using responsive HTML/CSS practices and frameworks.
- Gather and refine specification and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling the SupplyHog sites and tools.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to current development and improvements.
- Cooperate with designers to match visual design intent.
- Provide team based solutions in a collaborative manner to solve industry problems with a positive attitude.
- Be respectful and a team player.
- Excellent coding and architectural skills.
- BS in Computer Science, equivalent training or experience.
- Mastery of PHP (OOP) 5.4+
- PHP development with Yii or similar MVC Framework.
- Knowledge of Node.js and MongoDB (MEAN), Unix/Linux, Bash Scripting, TDD
- Experience in creating and working with web services.
- Great communication and organizational skills.
- Be able to supply code samples of past projects.