Product Development Specialist
- New York, NY
For more than a decade Sweden Unlimited has been providing interactive solutions for numerous clients in the fashion industry. We take pride on evolving our client’s brands and translating their unique position to online. A boutique agency specializing in e-commerce, Sweden Unlimited’s dedicated team has worked with many brands to create new online business. We have been there through every aspect to integrate, educate and facilitate their digital and creative needs. Sweden is looking towards the future to cultivate and propel the exciting and ever-changing landscape of interactive fashion. Our clients include: Lanvin, Michael Kors, Urban Outfitters, The Row, Jason Wu, and GrandLife Hotels.
The Product Development Specialist will work closely with the firm’s executive management team, strategically advising us on how to best serve our fashion industry client base in order to maintain the firm’s market-leading position among our competitors. The Product Development Specialist will be responsible for researching and analyzing market conditions and trends to ascertain how to improve the firm’s existing product and service offerings, and to develop ideas for new product and service offerings. Based on this research and analysis, the Product Development Specialist will advise the firm on how to enhance the client and customer experience, reduce costs, and promote operational efficiency and profitability in our business.
We are seeking a motivated and committed team player who has an energetic and friendly personality and excellent communication skills. A result-focused, analytical mind and a strong entrepreneurial spirit are vital for this position. A strong interest in fashion and design/art is highly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business, Business Administration or closely related field required; must have completed courses in Marketing and Business Strategy (or have equivalent knowledge through experience). MBA preferred.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop new product and service offerings taking into consideration design factors, commerciality and technical issues
- Conduct market, consumer and competitor research to determine the types and characteristics of products and services that are in demand in the firm’s target markets, as well as competitor offerings and pricing
- Advise on development of product and service offerings based on results of market, consumer and competitor research
- Use market research data and sales forecasting methods to predict the demand for, and profitability of, proposed new products or services
- Work with internal design and development teams to interpret client business requirements and product vision in order to create elegant technical designs that meet quality standards and client expectations
- Analyze data related to costs for the company’s products and devise methods to reduce costs, grow revenues and promote operational efficiency across the firm’s product and service offerings
Required knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of product development process
- Knowledge of market research and market analytics
- Knowledge of business development and planning
- Knowledge of project management and business related financial calculations
- Knowledge of web technologies and their associated best practices
- Passion for technology innovation and its future application to consumer web applications
- Capacity to reduce complex options to simple, elegant, user-centric solutions
- Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills
Be part of a small creative team with the freedom to learn and apply cutting edge technologies
Work in a large, bright loft office in the heart of downtown Manhattan
Competitive salary and health benefits
You must have an online portfolio or links to work you have recently created and are very proud of. No companies may apply and seriously, no recruiters!
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org.