Public Relations Coordinator
- New York, NY
Based in New York, Swimwear Anywhere, Inc. is the premiere designer and manufacturer of swimwear in North America. Through its extensive portfolio of brands and licenses, the privately owned company has led the swimwear industry in quality and innovation since 1933. Included in its portfolio are Coco Reef, Coco Rave, Beach House, Beach House Sport, Roxanne, and Gabar. Among its licensed brands are Michael Kors, DKNY, Kate Spade New York, Tommy Hilfiger, Proenza Schouler, Vince Camuto and Carmen Marc Valvo.
Swimwear Anywhere Inc. has an entry-level opportunity for an enthusiastic self-starter who will work in our NYC showroom assisting the sales and licensing teams. The perfect candidate will be an extremely organized go-getter who can communicate clearly at all levels of internal and external teams, clients and licensors.
- Pitching PR ideas internally and externally for product placement
- Assisting in execution of press initiatives for company and licensed brands
- Building and maintaining relationships with editors and licensors
- Sending samples; developing and maintaining a sample database
- Monitoring and tracking outgoing company material; ensuring garments are being couriered and returned from photo shoots, etc.
- Researching competitors in magazines, e-mail blasts, and news publications.
- Performing other duties as assigned such as showroom maintenance, external and internal correspondence and mailings, front desk duties and other administrative functions.
Applicants should be self-motivated, organized, willing to help with any project no matter how large or small, and able to balance multiple priorities at once.
- Associate degree in PR, Marketing, communications or similar discipline
- At least 1 year public relations experience in a showroom environment
- A self-starter who works well independently
- Having a sense of fashion trends and style
- High energy and exceptional attention to detail
- Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer competency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to fit into the world of licensors and editors
- Ability to travel to Long Island headquarters, and through-out NYC as needed
Please apply with your resume, cover letter and salary requirement. Please reference Job ID PRsr.