e-Learning Instructional Designer & Trainer
- London, Canada
Sykes Assistance Services Corporation (SASC) provides the very latest and most advanced customer communication, healthcare and employee wellness programs to over 100 private sector, public sector, and Fortune 500 companies.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time e-Learning Instructional Designer & Trainer for our Automotive Assistance Services division in our London, Ontario site.
- Develops a minimum of 10 new hire and/or refresher training modules and assessment instruments per year for use in instructor lead, blended courses as well as self-paced e-Learning courses; uses a variety of technology based tools.
- Prepares and facilitates Automotive training ensuring learning objectives are realized by participants evidencing new and/or improved skills, knowledge and abilities with a final evaluation score of 80% and participant satisfaction scores of no less than 95%.
- Delivers new staff to operations with quality and accuracy test scores of 85% or higher, with an average handle time of 66% of the queue standard during the OJT period.
- Consulting with internal stakeholders (e.g. Trainers, Team Leaders) on design and implementation to create high quality e-learning programs
- Developing project plans and managing program research, providing regular project updates and ensuring timely completion of necessary activities during development and evaluation
- Developing and maintaining new employee virtual training modules and programs
- Identifying and reporting ongoing trends through 30/60/90 day data analysis of service and training issues and providing Training module recommendations based on analyzed results to Manager
- Ensuring learning objectives and evaluation requirements are met during each class conducted by gathering completed tests, review of performance reports, and providing a summary report outlining each agent’s proficiency to predefined targets
- Leading and coordinating post-training reviews to ensure that the solution meets all client, customer and stakeholder requirements as well as effectively engaging learners
- Facilitating the sharing of knowledge, tools, processes and best practices among the team as well as lines of service for efficient and effective e-learn delivery, developing and maintaining strong knowledge of trends and issues with specific products and facilitating training workshops on e-learning technologies as necessary
- Transitioning all new hires through on-boarding process, troubleshoot technology concerns during class, manage Adobe Connect layouts, polls, whiteboards, breakout rooms and chat pods during lessons, and generate engagement through moderating discussions on chat site
- Recommending new systems and procedures; analyses within one week of completion of training class.
The requirements for this position are:
- Strong knowledge of and proven experience with instructional design, content development and implementation of adult education training programs, along with a strong aptitude for technology.
- Proficiency using Adobe Connect
- 1 year of training and instructional design experience
- Experience with learning management systems
- 1 to 3 years call centre experience considered an asset
- Knowledge of online authoring tools (Adobe Captivate, RoboHelp & ConnectPro)
- Technical business writing skills
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Social Science preferred
- Bilingual language skills in French and English an asset
Sykes Assistance Services Corporation is proud to offer a progressive work environment along with opportunities for personal and professional development as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program, including:
- Comprehensive Orientation and Corporate Training program
- Group health insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- RRSP matching program
- Educational Assistance
- Free Roadside assistance program for employees and their families