Help Desk Support Specialist
- London, Canada
Sykes Assistance Services Corporation provides the very latest and most advanced customer communication, healthcare and employee wellness programs to over 100 private sector, public sector, and Fortune 500 companies.
- Review and prioritize request tickets as they come into the queue and assigning them to the proper group within the Helpdesk system to ensure the request is completed within established timelines
- Resolve day to day request tickets for end-users of desktops, telephony, server and networks through a solid knowledge and application of appropriate troubleshooting techniques.
- Educate and coach end-users during the processing of a request ticket, to help ensure that the user will not experience the issue or need to submit the same request again.
- Configure and set up new hires (including systems, system access and security badges) within specified timelines, subsequently removing users from the system as termination requests are received.
- Act as front line support for all IT/IS item requests during and after regular business hours. Required to participate in an on call rotation to support and answer incoming calls through the after hours IT phone line.
- Install and configure all desktop computer peripherals in accordance with global and regional standards. Ensures that all desktops are monitored and updated with approved patches/fixes on a monthly basis.
- Assist in providing specifications to quote for new desktop equipment, software and computer hardware peripherals. Procures/receives all desktop computers, software and hardware peripherals.
- 2 year community college diploma
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- A+ certified (hardware installations and repair)
- 1-3 years experience in end-user support and troubleshooting
- Email and collaboration system experience is an asset
- Database fundamentals exposure is an asset
- Travel to other sites up to 50% of the time
- Participation in on-call rotation for the after- hours support line for all lines of business
Sykes Assistance Services Corporation is proud to offer a progressive work environment along with opportunities for personal and professional development as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program, including:
- Group health insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- RRSP matching program
- Educational Assistance
- Free Roadside assistance program for employees and their families
If you have any difficulty with the online application process please email: email@example.com