Corporate Paralegal/ Legal Assistant
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The Corporate Paralegal will be critical member of the legal organization, responsible for providing administrative support and for implementing and managing best practices and processes to enhance efficiency. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced, and detail-oriented individual to play a crucial role in the operation of the legal department of a growing robotics and automation company that emphasizes innovation, collaboration, and execution. The Corporate Paralegal is an individual contributor role reporting to the Assistant General Counsel.
- Prepare, organize and track Board, committee and shareholder resolutions and corporate filings for various Symbotic entities. Assist with corporate governance matters, including charters, policies and procedures.
- Maintain corporate record books and organizational structure charts. Oversee periodic corporate filings for all domestic and international subsidiaries.
- Assist with patent, copyright, and trademark filings and the tracking of the overall portfolio. Assist with gathering materials in support of applications and patent and technology reviews.
- Assisting with the preparation, review, editing and negotiation of legal documents, including routine agreements such as NDAs and templates.
- Assisting with uploading executed agreements into the Company’s contract management system.
- Participate in special projects as needed, including litigation, M&A and financing activities, and other strategic transactions and integration activities.
- Respond to requests for information from internal and external personnel in a timely manner.
- Maintain legal department electronic and physical files and archives.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage the successful implementation of new or improved processes and technology solutions for the legal department in support of the above responsibilities.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience as a paralegal in a law firm or corporate law department.
- Associates Degree and/or paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program.
- Attention to detail.
- Discretion, sound judgment, tact and diplomacy in all communications.
- Strong bias for action, well-organized, self-assured, and willing to work irregular hours on an occasional basis.
- Confidence to work well under pressure while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Ability to comfortably and effectively communicate with senior management.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to multitask and navigate ambiguity and change.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office including SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with contract management systems preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.