Mechanical / Structural Designer - AutoCAD
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is looking for individuals who thrive in a fast paced, solutions oriented and creative environment. The Mechanical Designer will play a hands-on role in design and system layout for our large steel storage structures. The qualified candidate will be responsible for designing and detailing of mechanical parts, weldments and industrial structures
- Creation and documentation of complex automation system structures using AutoCAD.
- Configuration and arrangement of large scale mechanical structures related to the building or racking industry.
- Documentation of custom weldments and formed structural components.
- Familiarity in the application and limitations of machine shop practices such as but not limited to; cutting, turning, milling, grinding, boring, broaching, as well as field erection and alignment methods.
- Design for manufacturability and maintainability.
- 2-5+ years of progressively responsible work experience in engineering design and/or engineering system layout is required.
- 2-5+ years of experience using AutoCAD 2D drafting and layout tools required.
- Experience working with 3D models and implementing 3D geometry into 2D system layouts of complex industrial equipment
- Ability to develop practical designs from high level concepts with generalized input from engineers and/or other senior designers
- Strong demonstrated 2D drafting skills, understand and apply accepted drafting standards as well as demonstrated competence in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Demonstrated competence in the design and detailing of mechanical parts, mechanical assemblies, weldments, and industrial structures. The following technical skills are desired:
Design and arrangement of mechanical structures related to the building or racking industry.
· Design/Documentation of weldments and formed components.
· Well versed in the application and limitations of machine shop practices such as but not limited to; cutting, turning, milling, grinding, boring, broaching, as well as field erection and alignment methods.
· Design for manufacturability and maintainability.
- Strong drafting skills with high attention to detail and accuracy required.
- ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- AWS welding symbols.
- Detailed material callouts
- Use of ASME Y14.1 and/or Mil-Std-100 engineering drawing practices.
- Full familiarity with standardized document control processes. Experience with Product Data Management (PDM) systems
- Experience with generation and maintenance of Bills of Materials (BOMS)
- Field and manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Associates or equivalent degree in Engineering and/or CAD is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.