- New Braunfels, TX, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops, operates and maintains disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation—all with a focus on driving customer satisfaction. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to 700 employees across North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and share our goals of providing operational excellence and creating braggingly happy customers. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is currently seeking a talented Systems Operator who would be responsible to operate, orchestrate, and oversee the systems and personnel associated with Symbotic.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA, Symbotic, and our customers’ processes and procedures are met daily.
- Monitor system performance and availability of both personnel and automated robotic vehicles.
- Work with customer to schedule and produce orders and receive inventory.
- Troubleshoot system stoppages and determine best course of action to maintain system up-time.
- Effectively communicate and troubleshoot software issues with off-site Symbotic software engineers and on-site management team.
- Operate system via custom GUI. Ensure safe and proper operation of system.
- Plan daily activities and coordinate system maintenance with maintenance personnel and Automation Manager based upon daily needs of warehouse operations.
- Maintain accurate logs of major events. Become the on-site software expert with an excellent understanding of system interrelations and consequences.
- Assess cause of automated robotic vehicle failure, examine log files and take detailed notes and alert service personnel.
- Assist and train other automation team operators in troubleshooting and repairs of any equipment as required, consistent with level of experience and training.
- Communicate with tier support to drive system production.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
Education and Experience:
- 3 years in a computer or automation environment desired.
Skills and Competencies:
- Values safety above all else.
- Ability to direct and guide employees daily standard work.
- Effective detail-oriented communicator.
- A desire to learn new equipment and assist team members as needed.
- A high sense of urgency.
- Takes critical feedback and recognition positively.
- Ability to Multi-task and perform multiple job functions at once.
- Must be literate, written and verbal, in English Language.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 45 feet and within restrictive areas of 24 inches.
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable of working in temperatures ranging from 105° to 32° Fahrenheit.
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing up to 60lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling, seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling, balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects, and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.