Product Owner – Automated Tote Picking
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is seeking a Product Owner to lead the development from concept to delivery of our Break Pack solution. This product will help bring goods to person within our automated distribution centers and facilitate our customers e-commerce platforms. This role will partner directly with Engineering, Program & Project Management, Operations, and R&D to help bring this solution to life.
- Understand the market, customers, and users, their problems and their needs, and be their advocate within the company.
- Understand the competitor’s product in terms of positioning, features and benefits. Be capable to understand their position in the market.
- Develop product strategy, roadmap and product requirements for building market leading products. This includes creating innovative new products, as well as evolving existing products.
- Collaborate with multiple business units to ensure product roadmaps are widely understood, supported and aligned; influence and foster internal partner relationships.
- Research, identify, and collect customer challenges and requirements; advocate for the ‘voice of the customer’ in the product development process.
- Be a subject matter expert in our products.
- Lead your cross-functional team to invent new approaches, design new solutions, and development innovative products to solve complex business and technical challenges.
- Own and document product requirements; practice ‘design thinking’ and agile concepts.
- Excel in a matrix managed organization; lead by influence without formal authority.
- Identify gaps between the desired roadmap and the realizable roadmap and generate options for bridging the gap (partnerships, acquisitions, 3rd parties etc.)
- Scrutinize market analytics, acknowledge competitive benchmarks, and be familiar with industry best practices.
- Evangelize and provide thought leadership through constant engagement with customers, partners, and industry experts.
- Commit to all safety and compliance standards, regulations, and requirements.
- Provide clear, concise, accurate and timely verbal and written updates to project and department management.
- Analyze and translate abstract concepts into firm content and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering related discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Product Management or Product Development experience that indicates a breadth and depth of expertise specifically showcasing a diverse range of products.
- 3+ years' experience working with Electrical and/or Mechanical & Software Engineering teams.
- 3+ years’ experience interacting directly with customers and translating their needs into user stories and product requirements that an engineering team can develop against.
- Experience in manufacturing, material handling, intralogistics and/or warehouse automation is a must. Experience with equipment and systems such as Conveyors, AGVs, AMRs, shuttle-based systems, robotic piece picking, a major plus!
- 1+ years’ experience with control systems (PLC, motor drives, real time communication systems) and factory automation tools desired.
- Demonstrated ability to "fail fast", learn, and to rapidly iterate towards a solution.
- Demonstrated competence in managing innovation, from idea-generation through development and launching new products covering all development phases and across all affected departments and functions.
- Demonstrated creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and ability to prioritize & multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to own an assignment and see it through to completion.
- Dynamic strategic planning, organization and management skills.
- Exceptional listening, verbal, presentation, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel when necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.