- New Braunfels, TX, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops, operates and maintains disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation—all with a focus on driving customer satisfaction. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to 700 employees across North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and share our goals of providing operational excellence and creating braggingly happy customers. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Under the direction of the Automation Manager, the System Engineer is responsible for the optimization and performance of the system. Moreover, the System Engineer will perform reactionary and proactive project-based tasks to achieve the contractual obligations of the customer. In addition, the System Engineer will be the lead in providing critical explanation of system behavior and functionality to the customer and Symbotic support teams.
Person must be willing to travel for cross training for the first 6-9 months.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA, Symbotic, and our customers’ processes and procedures are met daily.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting of advanced system and operational issues.
- Train and assist operators on overall system including automated adapters, vertical lifts, automated robotic vehicles, warehouse management systems, and other IT problems.
- Ability to step in and effectively backfill key Symbotic on-site roles.
- Monitor health of the automated adapters, vertical lifts, and automated robotic vehicles.
- Communicating technical concepts clearly and concisely to site teams and customers.
- Document and report issues to engineering teams and work with them on a solution.
- Assist in escalation as required to support teams to solve production impacting problems.
- Participate in the initiatives for continuous improvement, standardization and improvement of the warehouse automation solution, in a context of change focused on production.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, computer or software engineering or in Automation Engineering or related discipline;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with automated systems.
Skills and Competencies:
- Values safety above all else.
- Familiarity with several of the following specialties and a willingness to learn all of them:
- PLC (Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Robot (ABB)
- Software languages (SQL, Linux, Python)
- Industry Standard Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence Practices
- Proven success working with customers and other internal and external clients.
- Troubleshooting of automated systems.
- Excellent hands-on experience with assembling, operating and troubleshooting robotics and electro-mechanical systems.
- Being able to work under pressure and in an environment of changing priorities.
- Effective detail-oriented communicator.
- A desire to learn new equipment and assist team members as needed.
- Able and willing to assist other team members with physical work as necessary (light maintenance, troubleshoot and operate robotic equipment, move boxes by hand, if required).
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual presentation communications skills.
- A high sense of urgency.
- Takes critical feedback and recognition positively.
- Team player.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 45 feet and within restrictive areas of 24 inches.
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable of working in temperatures ranging from 105° to 32° Fahrenheit.
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing up to 60lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling, seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling, balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects, and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.