Network Installation Engineer
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
This is a field position for a Network Installation Engineer who works primarily at customer sites as a member of the System Installation and Integration team. While onsite, you will help with the installation of Symbotic’s warehouse automation system, provide design feedback, installation and integration troubleshooting, and perform IT related testing of the system.
- Work with on-site construction and cabling teams to connect devices as cabling is needed..
- Work with remote engineering team to configure devices on-site.
- Document configuration as-builts and complete checklists to make sure all tasks have been completed.
- Execute test plans to verify that various configurations are correct.
- Assist in troubleshooting systems when problems occur.
- Participate in periodic review meetings to give status updates.
- Plan fiber and Copper drops between IDF and MDF
- Understand the Warehouse designing is a plus
- Understanding of Fiber and Copper and industry standard and evolution.
- Experience with TCP/IP based networks, protocols and troubleshooting
- Experience with DHCP and DNS configuration and general system administration
- Basic understanding of wireless networking concepts
- Comfort with Linux shell environments
- Experience with CLI command line interface on Cisco, HP or equivalent
- Understanding of basic scripting (Perl, bash, others)
- Can demonstrate effective and disciplined problem-solving methodologies
- Experience with tools such as packet sniffers, network probes, command line debugging, site survey tools and spectrum analyzer software
- Ability to work on a virtual team, communicating and taking direction remotely
- Good documentation capabilities, both following written instruction manuals, and editing/improving them as required or writing new ones
- Ability to execute and help develop detailed test plans
- Good organizational and technical skills, ability to plan, track tasks, deliver to agreed timescales, prioritize and manage workload effectively
- Able to communicate verbally or in writing with customers and peers in a professional and friendly manner
- Willing to provide on-call support coverage for customers
- Two- or four-year degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university; experience can be substituted for a degree
- Travel is required: Our main plant is in Wilmington, MA. The person taking this position will be required to perform work at our customer installation locations for extended periods of time where equipment is installed or built. We expect the travel to be up to 75-80% of the time
- All Symbotic employees are required to make safety their top priority
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.