Senior Wireless Network Engineer
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic currently has an opening for a Senior Wireless Network Engineer. The qualified candidates will play a hands-on role supporting, designing, and maintaining the corporate networking infrastructure. Symbotic is looking for people who thrive in a fast paced and creative environment.
- Review, design, and support of wireless network infrastructure (WLAN/WWAN), Firewalls and Cabling
- Work with other IT functions (Unified Communications, End User Services) to design and support systems for internal needs.
- Research new technologies and overlay possible use of new technologies for both internal IT needs, and external customer needs.
- Occasional interaction with customers for implementation activities
- Manage projects from initial scoping to deployment.
- Troubleshoot system outages, and work with other technical staffs to resolve technical issues.
- Solves problems relating to mission critical services to prevent problem recurrence, with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- 10 years’ minimum of network experience of Wireless local and wide area networks.
- Experience with HP Aruba wireless technology including implementing 802.1x, Airwave and ClearPass.
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies, deployment and optimization.
- Experience with 4G\LTE, CBRS is a plus
- Experience with Network performance monitoring (bandwidth, throughput, end user experience)
- Experience setting up a high availability data center environment spanned across multiple sites
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows servers, with an emphasis on Linux, virtualization technologies and network monitoring tools.
- Experience working with Networking technologies and topologies (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, etc.), Security Information Management, IPS/IDS, Firewalls, DLP, and behavioral/risk-based security frameworks.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure networking.
- Knowledge of Deployment technologies including Kickstart, RPM creation and automation tools such as Ansible.
- Experience working in a multi-tenant high up time production environment.
- Works well as an independent contributor, a team lead, and a Customer Service agent (for client interactions).
- Willingness and openness to try new technologies, methods, and processes.
- Ability to provide Tier 3 on-call support coverage for customers.
- Create manuals and support documentation.
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to launch.
- Experience working with data center technologies such as server designs and configurations for different computing scenarios, Hyperconverged/SAN/NAS.
- Experience with Active Directory, and Windows/Linux integration and two factor OS authentication.
- Certifications or progress toward certifications, such as: CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, CPI
- Ability to travel in North America up to 10%.
- All Symbotic employees are expected to make safety their top priority
- Inside plant engineering experience & involvement in; fiber and copper plant planning, HVAC/UPS/Gen/Fire Suppression
- Experience with installation and maintenance of outdoor fixed wireless systems, including microwave, millimeter wave and unlicensed 5.8 GHz radios
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.