- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, solutions oriented and creative environment. The Software Architect role within the System Software Platform Development Team is expected to provide design guidance within the platform function. The Software Architect works with the product and project management functions to define and analyze customer requirements in order to lead the high-level software design activity for the platform team. To a lesser degree they are expected to write, debug and troubleshoot source code as part of new development and maintenance activities.
- Lead definition of high-level design and architecture for the Symbotic System Software platform based on analysis of customer requirements.
- Work with the System Software Product Owner and Business Analysts to refine software requirements for the platform team.
- Lead an extended Architecture Team comprised of members of the various sub-component teams to guide the architecture activities of the wider group.
- Lead detailed reviews of high-level software design and architecture for System Software Platform and sub-components – provide technical arbitration as needed.
- Provide guidance to development teams as we migrate our system to microservices
- Mentor software engineers within the company division in the area of high-level software design and architecture as well as software development process.
- Investigate, evaluate and implement new technologies through experimentation
- Be a resource for all other developers in troubleshooting complex, significant and unique failures where the analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangibles.
- Assist with recruiting and evaluating new Software Engineering candidates.
- Be a resource for engineering management and the organization in explaining, evaluating and capturing technical aspects of software design and architecture.
- Provide effective communication of the business benefits of technology platform choices and technical solutions to management, customers, and engineers.
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology and development trends
- 10-15 years’ experience in software development
- 3-5 years’ experience as an architect
- Bachelor’s required or Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science
- Knowledge designing event based microservice based architectures
- Knowledge of microservice ecosystem that leverage Kubernetes, Docker, RabbitMQ, and Redis
- Proficient with .NET technologies including C#
- Proficient with Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with SQL Server database technologies is desirable.
- Experience with complex, multi-team Software development environment and processes
- Proficient with Communication mechanisms and protocols.
- Experience with multiple operating systems for applications
- Proficient with desktop-based application frameworks
- Proficient team leadership skills.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.
All Symbotic employees are required to make safety their top priority.