PLC Integration Specialist- 100% Travel
- Houston, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The PLC Integration Engineer's role is to install, commission, and test PLC controlled equipment at customer sites. PLC Engineers will work side by side with electrical technicians to bring up control cabinets, load and configure PLC software, and execute tests to confirm functionality and performance.
What you will be doing:
- Commission PLC controllers, configure for site.
- Commission HMI and connect with PLCs.
- Load Symbotic software, verify implementation, execute commissioning tests.
- Assist with system integration tests.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the
- Two or four year degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or
- university; experience can be substituted for a degree.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation PLCs, HMIs, or equivalent.
- Experience with motion control equipment such as VFDs.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with robotic system controls a plus.
- Able to debug and support via Remote Desktop, SSH, browser, etc.
- Highly self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation for both internal and external customers.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate verbally
- or in writing with in a professional and friendly manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and
- questioning skills.
- Skilled problem solver.
Travel is required: Our Headquarters is in Wilmington, MA. The person taking this position will be required to perform work at our customer installation locations for extended periods of time where equipment is installed or built. We expect the travel to be up to 75-80% of the time
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.