Principal Software Engineer-Applications
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to join the Applications engineering team. In this role you will collaborate with front-end developers, UX designers and other component teams. You will be responsible for the development of front-end user facing applications enabling system operators to interact with the Symbotic system. You will lead the team's delivery of features and be involved with technical designs, architecture, and discussions. As a principal engineer, you thrive in a creative, collaborative, and agile development environment.
- Provide technical leadership across engineering teams to develop, innovate, and continually improve product design
- Collaborate with other development teams and product managers to breakdown requirements, design solutions and execute on business requirements
- Perform and guide activities such as design and code reviews, identifying improvements to software quality, performance, and integration tests
- Lead implementation of complex designs within the team and partner with others to develop cross functional features
- Coach and mentor others on the team to be successful
- 12+ years professional experience developing user facing software applications
- Experience with .NET frameworks, WPF, Angular web frameworks, real-time distributed services
- Self-motivated, with an ability to learn quickly and independently, and work in a dynamic agile environment with cross functional and remote teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Degree in Computer Science, a related technical discipline, or related experience
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.