Principal Embedded Controls Engineer
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The Principal Software Engineer on the Controls team will design, develop and implement the control strategies and algorithms for mobile robots. The robots developed by the team will leverage a range of onboard sensors to navigate around the storage structure and manipulate inventory. The qualified candidate will be delivering quality robotic solutions that support high volume production environments.
- Develop, design, and implement control strategies for robots and other automation equipment.
- Be a proactive communicator who enjoys working closely with creative and technical peers.
- Work in a dynamic Agile/Scrum based environment.
- Support system testing of systems and subsystems.
- Troubleshoot system problems in production or design by investigating issues related to product performance or production difficulties.
- Participate in architectural decisions and design meetings.
- Lead and mentor more junior engineers.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in a related engineering discipline, Master’s degree preferred (i.e. Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.).
- Minimum 10 years' experience coding C++ software solutions in a professional environment
- Experience with general purpose programming environments and object-oriented languages such as Linux and C++
- Familiarity of threading, synchronization, shared resources, and messaging.
- A hands-on problem solver who leverages object oriented design practices and design patterns.
- This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and support unscheduled events.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.
All Symbotic employees are expected to make safety their top priority.