Embedded Controls Software Manager – Robotics
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is currently seeking an experience leader to join our team. The candidate must understand the importance of fostering a strong team environment and the ability to develop trusting relationships with their team members. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative, and agile development environment. This role requires high-level architecture and design, along with low-level programming, excellent communication and leadership skills, and the ability to collaborate in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Building, motivating, rewarding, and coaching a diverse team of Embedded Controls Engineers.
- Meeting project commitments and delivering quality releases.
- Collaborating with other engineering teams on planning, design, and development for releases.
- Keep your technical skills current to contribute to architecture and design discussions.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of approximately 10-15 engineers.
- Manage both in house and outsourced embedded software engineering teams.
- translate strategic objectives into tactical action plans and establish teams which can execute those plans.
- Coach, mentor, and develop the talents of the engineering team.
- Help run and conduct a streamlined process for hiring and getting new engineers up to speed and then cultivate them in their careers from there.
- 10+ years of embedded software development experience (design and implementation)
- At least 3 years focused on leading or managing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- Expert level C++ Embedded coding skills and design pattern, suitable for real time environments.
- Expert knowledge of real time or embedded operating systems and threading and communication issues related to real time operating systems (robotics or control systems would be ideal).
- Experience managing remote & outsourced development teams.
- Experience with software process and version control tools.
- Expert level communication (oral and written) and documentation skills; must be comfortable explaining complex software systems and programming concepts.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.