Director of Strategic Sourcing
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is seeking a seasoned Director of Strategic Sourcing who will assist in the implementation of the company's outsourcing strategy. The scope of this role includes identifying strategic sources for Symbotic electro-mechanical assemblies, creating and managing partner Statement-of-Work (SOW) documentation, leading strategic planning meetings with potential suppliers, managing outsource transition planning and strategic partner communications.
This role is an exciting opportunity to assist in scaling Symbotic’s global supply chain function, build lasting strategic partner relations, outsource or re-source internal assemblies and build processes, drive partner relationship improvements and limit risks to Symbotic’s source and supply of electro-mechanical assemblies.
This director oversees critical supplier relationship management and contract management processes to ensure terms are met and termination dates are monitored. Strategic sourcing responsibilities include analyzing current vendor services and cost structures to develop short- and long-range plans to improve sourcing costs and vendor performance and scalability. The director of strategic sourcing is the key decision maker if supplier performance concerns are escalated for top management direction. This director also looks for opportunities to consolidate vendors and partner with colleagues to set purchasing standards to improve negotiations and reduce the total cost of ownership for products and services.
- Build collaborative relationships with teams across the organization including Engineering, Product and Program Management, Deployment, and Operations
- Assist in identifying and qualifying strategic suppliers and strengthening partnership relations.
- Actively support cost reduction and risk mitigation in assigned commodity area.
- Lead and support product launch and product delivery activities to ensure on-time delivery.
- Execute partner visits to initiate planning and drive implementation strategies.
- Manage and communicate Symbotic priorities to strategic partners.
- Manage and maintain the revision of partner shared information.
- Become active member and assist in managing in the outsourcing of equipment level modules.
- Create SOW, working with legal on supplier MDA’s and Quality on new supplier onboarding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or related field; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of professional experience in strategic sourcing, partnership management, purchasing, and supply chain management.
- Experience with analytic tools to provide cost, value and risk assessment.
- Experience scaling supply chain operations preferred.
- Experience in creating business case and execution plans to outsource internal processes.
- Must be extremely strategic as well as tactical.
- Experience in creating Statement-of-Work and contracts management.
- Experience in “startup” company culture
- Comes with a network of suppliers in all aspects of Symbiotic product line
- Experience in Automation, PCBA sourcing, Steel sourcing and had experience onboarding new suppliers
- Experience in industrial automation, robotics industry preferred.
- Track record of leading and utilizing data and metric driven supplier performance improvements (KPI).
- Experience in PLM and ERP systems a must
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.
All Symbotic employees are expected to make safety their top priority.