Mechanical Design Engineer
- West Palm Beach, FL
Syneo, representing synergy in product integration and innovation in technology; specializes in the cutting, feeding, slitting, flaring, grinding, skiving, printing, punching, assembly and drilling of catheters and guide wires. Backed by decades of industry experience, as well as a dynamic mindset for innovation, Syneo is the medical device solutions company.
ASG Medical Systems of West Palm Beach, Florida, the leader in catheter and guidewire manufacturing automation and Technical Innovations of Angleton, Texas, the leader in hole drilling and hole punching technology for catheters and cutting tools for tissue cutting applications, have merged to create Syneo.
The ASG/TI partnership will yield greater innovation in catheter manufacturing technology and synergy in our product integrations. The combination of technologies allows broader solutions for medical device manufacturing in an automated environment. This leads to better results and increased productivity and efficiency for our customers, and that is our priority.
- Research, collect, and report information regarding the ability and capacity of company products.
- Aids in the design of existing product in order to fulfill the needs of the customers
- Provide functionality and capability reports to the sales team
- Acts as a technician liaison for the sales department
- Develop designs using AutoCAD Inventor software program
- Coordinate and consult with the Sales Department regarding the design, intent, layout, and/or details of a project to meet design objectives or resolve issues
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs
- Modify or revise designs to correct deficiencies or to reduce production problems
- Perform tolerance analysis and dimensional check designs
- Execute engineering change requests, as needed
- Manage new projects during the entire development process to ensure all design objective are met
- Develop operating software
Assist with directing and coordinating manufacturing, assembly, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and requirements.
- Experienced in Document Control
- Mechanical drafting to ANSI Y14.5 the design of automated machines
- Experienced in AutoCAD and 3D solid modeling, preferably Inventor
- Experience in the engineering change process
- 1-3 years of machine design experience
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in Desgin Drafting, or similar technical education, and/or relevant experience
Syneo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.