- Silver Spring, MD
A nationally recognized woman-owned firm, Synergy Enterprises, Inc. (SEI) helps advance social initiatives in public health and education. Our clearly innovative technology tools, outstanding assessment and evaluation services, and creative communication strategies assist public agencies and private sector clients in enhancing the impact of their research, policy development, program implementation, and knowledge transfer.
Our internationally diverse staff possess an exceptional ability to generate ideas and implement plans that allow our clients to achieve their mission in the public education and health fields.
Our clients are engaged in important work to improve education and health on a federal, state and local level — what inspires them to reach higher inspires us to innovate on their behalf.
Synergy Enterprises, Inc is searching for a Web Designer to join our TEAM!
The right candidate for this position will be responsible for the layout, visual appearance and usability of a website. This role may overlap with that of a multimedia programmer and web architect. Using a combination of graphic design skills and technical knowledge of how web pages are created. Web designers will have knowledge of graphic design packages such as Adobe Creative Suite in order to produce basic layout and manipulate images. Expert skills in HTML mark-up and cascading style sheets (CSS) and integration into dynamic websites. Must be a creative design expert with an eye towards user interaction. A self-motivator that requires minimal supervision once requirements are gathered who strikes a balance between being a designer and a coder. Applicants must have an online portfolio of websites they have designed and built in order to be considered.
- Producing designs that will be attractive to the target user, has logical navigation, and is functionally efficient in terms of code.
- Design and optimize graphics/images for the web.
- Ensuring web sites are 508 compliant.
- Testing and troubleshooting sites for functionality and appearance in different browsers and browser versions.
- Fixing and editing, and troubleshooting of new and existing web sites.
Software Knowledge Requirements
- Comfortable working in a Mac environment but also able to use PCs.
- Expert knowledge of HTML.
- Intermediate knowledge of Cascading Style Sheets.
- Intermediate knowledge in computer graphics packages such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Familiarity working in conjunction with backend application developers is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act Section 508 for the development of websites for the visually challenged.
SEI is an equal opportunity employer
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.