- Silver Spring, MD
A nationally recognized woman-owned firm, Synergy Enterprises, Inc. (SEI) helps advance social initiatives in public health and education. Our clearly innovative technology tools, outstanding assessment and evaluation services, and creative communication strategies assist public agencies and private sector clients in enhancing the impact of their research, policy development, program implementation, and knowledge transfer.
Our internationally diverse staff possess an exceptional ability to generate ideas and implement plans that allow our clients to achieve their mission in the public education and health fields.
Our clients are engaged in important work to improve education and health on a federal, state and local level — what inspires them to reach higher inspires us to innovate on their behalf.
Web Designers at Synergy Enterprises, Inc (SEI) are responsible for the design, layout, and usability of websites. Our web designers are involved in the full lifecycle of the project, including initial analysis and requirements gathering through design, implementation, and QA. Web Designers applying to this position should have an exceptional mix of design sense and technical abilities.
- Design web user interfaces, prototypes, and websites for clients.
- Translate specifications and requirements from clients into user interface concepts.
- Determine clients' design preferences and needs to effectively translate client’s mission online.
- Design and develop websites both with and without the use of content management systems (CMS).
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Collaborate with team members to identify challenges and propose solutions to client needs.
- Have an understanding of how to create HTML & CSS based pages and templates from design comps using industry standards best practices, and tailor designs appropriately.
- Design, develop, modify, and manipulate graphic images, photography, logos, and icons for web sites, web applications and other client and development team needs.
- Prepare design documentation to include creative briefs, information architecture (site maps and wire frames), style guides and other requirements as needed.
- Ensure that material on the web site is accessible to all groups including those with disabilities (Section 508);
- Test sites for functionality in different browsers and at different resolutions;
- Other duties as assigned
- Must posses at least 3+ years of web design experience.
- Degree or formal training in graphic design, web development, fine arts, digital animation, or related field is required
- Must have an online portfolio with at least 5 verifiable examples of websites
- Demonstrated creative excellence in solving layout and technical challenges.
- Must have knowledge and expertise in cross browser compatibility.
- Requires strong communication (verbal and written) skills with team members and clients.
- Thorough knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act Section 508 for the development of websites for users of assistive technologies
- Must be comfortable working with both Macintosh and Windows.
Software/Coding Knowledge Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of HTML
- Thorough knowledge of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Thorough knowledge of Responsive design and/or designing for mobile platforms
- Working knowledge of code editors such as Dreamweaver, Coda, or TextMate
- Training and/or experience with Adobe Creative Suite software products
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
SEI is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.