- San Mateo, CA
Synvolve is a global technology services company. Our clients choose us because we have been able to go beyond just providing services and meeting service levels- to creating business value for our customers. What distinguishes Synvolve is our ability to seamlessly integrate our knowledge, best practice technology solutions, superior skill-mix, analytic business solutions, process re-engineering and Six Sigma quality methods to deliver an exceptional Total Customer Experience.
Take your career up a few notches with this leading provider of Intellectual Property Management services and solutions. They are a listed company and have completed well over $2 billion in patent-related transactions.
This is a Database Administrator position and requires someone with 5 or more years of Database Administration Experience. The Database Administrator will perform Postgres and Vertica database administration on both Amazon EC2 and off the cloud. This individual will be responsible for all PostgreSQL activities and will be considered the domain expert on managing databases.
The Database Administrator will Plan, coordinate, and administer activities related to PostgreSQL & Vertica database(s), including:
- Log monitoring
- Workload management and monitoring
- Security managements
- User management
- Performance benchmarking
- Operational guidelines.
- Assists and mentors engineers in optimizing queries and schemas.
Desired Skills and Experience
Most importantly, you need to be a passionate Database Administrator who enjoys his work and is considered to be one of the best within your organization. The ideal Database Administrator would be someone with deep experience in many (if not all) of the following:
- Minimum of 5 years’ DBA experience with Oracle/Postgres/Vertica
- Solid database development skills
- Exceptional ability to identify and resolve database-related issues
- Experience in developing stored function and database client applications
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures for administering PostgreSQL databases
- Experience in performance of Tune and Benchmark PostgreSQL databases, as well as working knowledge of back-up and recovery PostgreSQL databases
- Skilled in user, schema, and storage management
- Vertica or other distributed database viewed favorably
- Amazon EC2/EBS experience viewed favorably
Compensation: Based on Experience. One of the best in the industry
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
Minimum Experience: 5+ years of Database Administration Experience
Type of position: Full time Permanent Position with benefits
Location: San Francisco, CA
Relocation accepted: Yes
H1 Sponsorship/ transfer offered: No